Player movement, decision making and game outcome can now be completely dependant on how you play as an online team, representing the closest you can come to a real life game of basketball.
The all-new feature first shipped as a part of the disc on NHL 08 in September, allowing up to six users to connect from anywhere in the world. EA later announced that FIFA Soccer 08 would offer Be A Pro: Online Team Play as a free downloadable feature post-launch that will enable 10 people to connect and challenge each other online to play a single game.
Some key points for Online Team Play for NBA LIVE 08:
- This game mode allows any combination of players from 1 vs. 1 up to 5 vs. 5.
- The CPU will take control of any players not controlled by users.
- Voice communication is available and isolated from the opposing team.
- Player locking is available but not mandatory (unless the team consists of 5 users)
- Whether you’re pushing the ball upcourt or backing down a defender inside, quicker, more responsive ball-handling moves allow you to break down opponents and take complete control of your game with the right analog stick.
- Put the ball in the hands of your big men and go head-to-head in the lane. With all-new moves and counters, including pump fakes, drop-steps, and spins, post play has never been better.
- Using actual NBA shot tracking data, know who to feed and who to defend based on a shooter’s Hot Spots, an all-new on-screen overlay showing you exactly where a player is most dangerous.
- Every player has a go-to move that they consistently go to when the game is on the line. Now the signature go-to moves of the NBA’s best players have been realistically re-created to help you score when it counts. That patented step back jumper? A fadeaway with the big leg kick? If it’s in the game, it’s in the game.
- 5-on-5 gameplay has never looked so good. Featuring enhanced player spacing and behavior logic in the half-court, upgraded passing and rebounding mechanics, and an all-new two player interaction engine.
- From deep three-point shots well beyond the arc to 10-foot jumps shots in the paint, every shot attempt has been redesigned to provide more fluid, realistic results. Dunks and lay-ups are now assigned to the same button command making highlight reel plays even easier to perform.
- Player faces, team uniforms, and authentic arenas jump to life behind the power of next-generation game graphics. Whether you’re working on your game in the revamped practice gym or playing in front of a packed house, feel what it’s like to be an NBA superstar.
- Running at a smooth 60 frames per second, NBA LIVE 08 is as close as you can get to the court, without dropping dime for courtside seats.
NBA LIVE 08, rated 3+ by PEGI and "E" (Everyone), will be available in early October for the PS3, PS2, PSP, Xbox 360, and the Wii., while it will ship to retailers on PC in late October.
More articles about NBA Live 08