Originally born as a grassroots development project by Mindware Studios, DreamCatcher and JoWooD are fully endorsing the project. By providing full financial and publisher support, Mindware will now receive additional technology and assets in order to move Overdose from a simple community mod to a full-fledged retail-ready gaming experience.
“We are thrilled to be endorsing this project and look forward to working closely with Mindware Studios,” said Albert Seidl, President and CEO for the JoWooD Group. “The excitement from Painkiller fans around the world is mounting and we will be happy to deliver what they’ve been waiting for!”
Packed with tons of fast-paced, adrenaline-fueled single player and multiplayer levels of mayhem, Painkiller: Overdose brings with it 6 innovative new demonic weapons, mind-bending physics, lightning-player maps, over 40 demented and sickly-twisted monsters from Hell and gigantic end bosses that will blow your mind!.
- A Prequel to the eventual Sequel bridges the storyline and ties up wandering ends.
- Overdose introduces a new character and storyline that examines the repercussions of Daniel defeating Lucifer in the original Painkiller!
- 16 NEW levels of fast-paced pain-killing action!
- 6 New demonic weapons grant the powers of a demi-god to souls awaiting damnation everywhere!
- Crafted and designed completely by Mindware Studios; long-time advocates and fans of the game.
- A reshuffled Tarot deck infuses Belial with new powers and devastating combinations.
- An innovative direction in the Painkiller universe!
- Over 40 demented and sickly-twisted monsters from Hell
- New End Bosses of colossal statures standing guard over Hell's crumbling domain and the entrances to the other realms!
- A revitalized commitment to multiplayer introduces a series of stats tracking features and game server options intended to revamp the multiplayer experience.
- Multiplayer compatibility with original Painkiller multiplayer maps and game modes!
More articles about Painkiller: Overdose