The History Channel takes you to the Battle for the Pacific where you will experience history brought to life in one of the defining campaigns of World War II. Relive epic land battles fought on some of the most brutal and unforgiving battlefields in recorded history. Retake strategically important locations throughout the Pacific Theatre that are vital to the allies on the “Road to Tokyo.” Play through the eyes of an American GI as you experience intense, no holds barred action against an opponent for which surrender isn’t an option!
- The War in the Pacific’s Most Historic Battles – Fight from Henderson Field in Guadalcanal through the Philippines to Mount Suribachi on Iwo Jima. Experience some of the most exotic and forbidden battlefields including dense jungles and barren volcanic islands.
- Intense Squadron Based Combat – Face the harsh realities of war as you engage the enemy on the frontlines. Fight alongside squadron members reacting to the events of the battlefield, where fighting is often hand to hand and your objective is simple – defeat the enemy at all costs.
- Authentic Missions – Based on actual battles including storming the beaches in an amphibious assault, recapturing a strategic airfield, defending against an enemy assault, going on a search and destroy mission, fighting through fortified caves and scaling Mount Suribachi to plant the American flag.
- Online Multiplayer Action - Play online as an American or Japanese soldier in your favorite individual and team based modes including elimination, team elimination, death match, team death match and capture the flag on battlefields painstakingly recreated from topographical maps and historical records.
- Cinematic War Experience – Battles come to life amidst exploding artillery, whistling bullets, falling comrades, unrelenting enemies and much more!
- Authentic WWII Weapons – Fire authentic allied and axis weaponry including sub-machine guns, sniper rifles, anti-aircraft guns, pistols, and grenades
- Relive History – Each level begins with a documentary video featuring actual battle footage, key facts and statistics, and the importance that the battle ultimately played in the allied victory
The History Channel: Battle for the Pacific is scheduled for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC, in November 2007
More articles about The History Channel: Battle for the Pacific