The Strategic Command 2 Weapons and Warefare Expansion raises the bar even higher in the WWII Strategy wargaming arena with all new game options, improved artificial intelligence and mind blowing expandability with its included full game editor.
Battlefront.com will start taking Pre-Orders for the Strategic Command 2 Weapons and Warfare Expansion later this week and expect the game to be released at the end of this month (October).
The Weapons and Warfare Expansion requires that you already have Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg installed and licensed on your computer! This is NOT a stand-alone game, but an expansion.
Weapons and Warfare will be released in two versions.
- For those that already own Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg, you can buy just the expansion pack for $25.
- For those that are new to the Strategic Command 2 game or want the original game and the new expanion together, we have a bundle pack which includes BOTH Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg and the Weapons and Warfare Expansion. That bundle will have a special sale price of just $45.
- 6 full length, open ended campaigns beginning at key stages of World War II
- 8 additional mini-campaigns included, Spanish Civil War, North Afrika, Kursk, D-Day, Battle for Russia, Battle for Stalingrad, Market Garden, and the Battle of the Bulge
- * Command the forces of up to 30 different countries and 22 different unit types each now with up to 32 different characteristics including multiple strike Tanks and Bombers
- Support for either Windowed or Full Screen mode as well as multi-resolution and widescreen support
- Enhanced Intelligence model including unit spotting during Fog of War
- * Vastly improved AI with enhanced combat logic as well as newly scripted OFFENSIVE, FLEET and AMPHIBIOUS planning that not only adds greater variety but additional strategic challenges for the single player
- Multimedia additions that create a much more immersive experience including rare audio speeches and news reports as well as historic photographs and communications from the front
- * Multiplayer support, for Hotseat, E-Mail and Network play with data encryption to help protect files from misuse and/or cheating
- Resized and improved map is now 140x46 tiles for added strategic planning including a naval passage around Iceland, a much larger and reshaped Mediterranean/North Afrika, as well as additional Naval Loops for the Middle East and north overthe top of Scandinavia to Archangel
- New unit types including Commandos, Anti-Air, Artillery, Anti-tank, Tactical Bombers, Strategic Bombers and Destroyers
- New submarine 'silent hunting' feature that will allow Subs to move through naval blockades unless a Destroyer is present, and a new 'crash dive' feature that will hide Submarines from further attack once it has successfully evaded an initial enemy challenges
- Deeper weather model with 10 additional Weather Zones as well as a new layer to handle Rain/Fog, Snow and Sandstorms which can in turn further affect Air Unit sorties as well as spotting and
- Additional default Terrain types including, Fields, Bocage, Hills, Oasis w/ Palm Trees, and Desert Sand
- Additional default Resource types including Western, Eastern and North African style Villages
- Road and Rail addition to the game map
- Roads will nullify terrain and weather effects making their control strategically important throughout the map
- * Rail lines will now connect various cities together for Operational Movement and as a result Strategic Bombing can add a whole new dynamic to pre-invasion planning by targeting key Rail Hubs on the map
- Upgradeable Minors with respect to parent Research
- Expanded script framework to allow for Unit Strength losses as occurred in the Soviet Winter of 1941, forced Surrenders such as the Italian surrender of 1943, as well as script additions giving modders the power of adding in game #IMAGE and #SOUND popups to their events
- Expanded Editor including the following additions:
- Editable Seasonal Turn Lengths
- Editable Max Strength of Resources
- Editable Combat Data including Max Unit Experience as well as each Experience gain/loss for each individual combat type
- Editable Naval Damage Data for damage suffered by naval units at sea
- Editable Reinforce and Reformation Data for destroyed units
- Editable Morale Data covering morale loss/gains for Liberation, Surrender and Operational Movement
- Expanded Combat Target Data editing including new attributes such as Combat Suppression and Demoralization percentages
- Editable Research Combat Target increments as well as Research Upgrade costs
- Editable Map Text including size, font, and color that can be placed anywhere on the map
More articles about Strategic Command 2: Weapons and Warfare