Coming this fall exclusively for PSP and created in association with the U.S. Naval Special Warfare Command, SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Tactical Strike offers the most realistic portrayal of special operations’ team tactics and strategy seen to-date. Bringing a new gameplay format to the SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs franchise, SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Tactical Strike allows players to assume the role of an entire team of elite Special Forces. Evaluating their situation from the SEAL’s perspective, players plan their approach and execute their strategy using the innate expertise of their four man SEAL team. Players will also be given the option to play as international Special Forces from the UK, Australia, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, South Korea and the Netherlands, all supported with native languages.
Set in the midst of rising instability in South America, your team is called in to rescue the ambassador to Panama who has been abducted by radical insurgent forces. With the consent of the Panamanian government, guide your team as they are drawn through Panama’s urban and industrial centers and then out into the deep jungle surrounding the Panama Canal.
Building on the legacy of SOCOM online play, SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Tactical Strike offers multiplayer games of up to four players in both Ad Hoc and online Infrastructure modes. With SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Tactical Strike innovative gameplay format each player controls a team of four soldiers delivering an online experience unlike any other.
- Designed specifically for the PSP, the unique interface allows players to control and coordinate different members of the fireteam while experiencing the action from each soldier’s perspective. Players can issue tactical commands to individual soldiers, fireteam elements or their entire fireteam.
- Authentic, reality-based combat, where tactics determine the outcome of each encounter.
- Compelling single-player campaign featuring a contemporary narrative based in Panama.
- Guide your team of four through nine non-linear missions, each created with unique scenarios and challenging mission objectives.
- Enemy intelligence and behavior have been enhanced with realistic vision and hearing, sophisticated AI and the ability to communicate with each other.
- Open play invites replay, and improvement is rewarded with command equity, allowing players to upgrade their skills, weapons and equipment.
- New gameplay format makes SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Tactical Strike easy for anyone to pick up and play while providing a depth of strategy and tactical training that will apeal to fans of the franchise.
- Play as any one of nine Special Forces each with unique loadouts and weapons.
- 2-4 player Ad Hoc mode and online Infrastructure play with voice chat.
Launch Date: November 6, 2007
More articles about SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Tactical Strike