“Crusaders: Invasion of Constantinople” is an Action-RPG set in the environment of the Fourth Crusade, an epic event in the European history. Never before used in computer games, this period witnessed the clash of the French, German and English knights with the Byzantine Empire, which led to the capture and sack of Constantinople.
The end of the XII century is near. The Pope Innocent III issues a call to the faithful knights of the Cross to gather together and march to liberate Jerusalem, captured by Arab armies of sultan Salah-ed-Din a few years earlier. The Third Crusade was bloody and cost a lot of lives to Christendom, and the Fourth one will surpass it in many ways, but still the gates of the Holy City will remain a mirage in desert. This time, the crusaders won’t reach Palestine at all, and instead turn against their Christian ally, the Byzantine Empire.
However, none of the enthusiastic young knights joining their barons to embark on Fourth Crusade could even imagine that in the beginning. Thus the stage was prepared for one of the decisive conflicts of the Middle Ages, and the player can relive it now as a common warrior in the crusader ranks.
The title offers a highly dynamic gameplay suitable for an Action combined with the Adventure and RPG elements, adding to the richness of the story and features. The player can freely choose his or her path through the game, picking up one of the heroes with an unique background, and then going through 20 diverse chapters ranging from heather wastes of England to bustling cities of the Middle East.
The game’s combat system will be based on the use of combos of fighting moves, taken from the real fencing and hand-to-hand combat manuals. Together with authentic Medieval weapons and armor, laboriously crafted according to the original samples, this will create a battle experience previously unseen in a computer role-playing game.
- Choose one of the three knights engaged in this adventure, join the army of Crusaders and fight against Byzantine Empire
- Select your equipment among more than 150 weapons of various categories (swords, axes, flails, crossbows)
- Learn new fighting combos and skills by enlisting in one of the Crusader Orders such as well-known Templars
- Make your character evolve with the aid of authentic fencing instructions and much more
- Historically accurate weapons, armors and equipment
- Recruit and lead a squad of up to four mercenaries, give them orders and get their help to accomplish your mission
- Pass through 20 distinct environments through the XIIIth century Europe and get involved in the conquest of the richest city in the world: Constantinople. Fight in the heart of its most famous monuments, from Hagia Sophia to the Theodosian Walls, depicted in true 3D.
More articles about The Cursed Crusade