Utilizing a new game engine attainable only through the power of next-generation hardware, the game"s armies will collide on the battlefield at an unprecedented scale. Countless numbers of men consumed with ferocious intensity will converge on screen, where tactics and cunning will combine with valor and might to determine who is left standing at the end of the day.
Bladestorm: The Hundred Year's War puts gamers in the role of a rogue commander and gives them direct control of mercenary units in fierce clashes with English and French forces.
The game"s unique style of action thrusts players into dynamic and ever-changing conflicts. Players must adjust their strategies as skirmishes evolve, and then deploy the unit best-suited to handle the challenge. At a player"s command is a broad array of troops including infantry, archers, and cavalry, as well as a variety of specialized units such as elephant units, cannoniers, and castle siege specialists. While each unit is comprised of autonomous soldiers, each warrior will contribute to the assigned objective.
Bladestorm: The Hundred Year's War utilizes a "Free Mission" system that allows players to align their forces with either the French or English on a battle-by-battle basis. This unparalleled freedom allows players to take on different assignments, or simply experience a given battle from an opposing side.
Game progression is wholly dependent on a player"s decisions and accomplishments on the battlefield. Players must establish a reputation as a dependable and capable leader by successfully completing each mission. The reputable commander will attract more desirable troops to his employ, and will be asked to take on weightier challenges that reflect his status as a fighter and leader of men. The troops themselves will also become more lethal as they gain combat experience. Through a point system, players can augment their units" combat capabilities.
- Spearmen and Longspear men with Shields: Spearmen combine relatively long attacking times with moderate defensive abilities. Effective at intercepting cavalry charges, longspear men with shields are able to keep enemies at bay.
- Pike men: Strong against infantry and capable even against cavalry, pike men are known for their ability to attack a relatively wide area.
- Armored Axe-men: Capable of destroying nearly all enemies in their path, armored axe men possess high offensive and defensive capabilities.
- Longbow-men and Archers: Even amongst archers, Longbow men are renowned for their long-distance attacking capabilities. Archers can mount horses to become a cavalry unit.
- Bases: Each stage has over 20 types of strongholds including castles, forts, ruins, churches, and towns.
Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War will ship to North American retailers beginning Nov. 6, 2007 for the Xbox 360, and PS3.
More articles about Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War