Unlike Wildstar fleet in Echo Squad which sees the player’s squad operating within friendly territories and within reach of friendly bases and support, the Talon Elite fighter team and their Talon fleet (carriers, cruisers, armed transports) operate on their own deep inside hostile territory and nowhere near any other friendly forces. Left to their own devises, the Talon fleet operates outside the realms of normal GALCOM directives and do whatever they can to accomplish their goals. Unlike the Insurgents engaged in conflicts on the home front, the Gammulans are expert combat fighters and one of the most formidable adversaries that Galactic Command has ever faced.
Talon Elite is also episodic (sixteen missions per episode) and has an original four episode story arc. It is currently in development for the PC (retail and digital distribution).
Many years have passed since the Gammulans invaded the sol system in full force and all but decimated the inhabitants of the planetary systems. cites were completely devastated and entire continents wiped out. In their wake, they left a splintered Galactic Command (GALCOM) alliance still engaged in a fierce battle with insurgents who oppose the alliance. GALCOM stationed a combat fleet (Talon) within Gammulan territory in order to thwart any incursions into Terran territory and also to keep the war away from the home front.
The player’s Talon fighter squadron assigned to the Talon battle fleet led by the GCVWidow Maker and GCV-Rising Sun in offensive operations against the Gammulans. As an Elite Force Pilot and leader of the Talon fighter wing assigned to the GCVWidow Maker, the player’s fighter wing is tasked with leading a series of offensive combat missions all over the vast expanse of the Gammulan territory (see attached map).
Missions take place in space and on the surface of planets and range from basic escort and recon missions, to highly engaging and dangerous tactical strike missions.
- Native DirectX 9 graphics engine supporting SM 2.0 with various effects such as per-pixel lighting, texture filtering (e.g. Anisotropic), anti-aliasing (FSAA), environment mapping, normal maps and various shader based special effects.
- Brand new high definition planetary terrain rendering engine supporting very large surface areas. Technologies include reflections, volumetric clouds, dynamic 24hr time of day effects (including realistic star constellations in the night sky), dynamic weather patterns (snow, storms etc), many mission specific populated areas etc.
- Improved space terrain rendering engine with volumetric fields, dense asteroid fields, entire cities in space etc.
- Revised 3D model asset dB, complete with normal maps everything. Well, pretty much everything.
- Massive space and planetary game world containing a large galaxy and several star systems which make up the Gammulan quadrant.
- Intuitive GUI interface, including a 3D cockpit interface. Completely mouse driven and with various keyboard hotkeys.
- Native support for 16:9 and 16:10 widescreen monitors with native 1280x720 (720p), 1280x1080 (1080i/p) and 1680x1050 resolution support.
- In game document viewer which makes the keyboard commands, game manual and tutorial documents available at all times.
- Native support for analog gamepads such as Logitech Dual-Action as well as the Xbox 360 controller for Windows (with rumble support!).
- Large asset database including over fifty space crafts, various planetary vehicles, crafts, buildings etc.
- Advanced AI engine with NPC orders system for player’s squad.
- Advanced space and aerial flight dynamics engine.
- Advanced mission system with real-time adjusted variables based on AI which ensures that the same scenario always plays differently. Unprecedented replay value!
- Multiplayer client-server engine supporting up to sixteen players.
The scheduled release date is currently Q1 2008 for PC, and Xbox 360 to be determined.