Petroglyph’s next project; Universe at War: Earth Assault, is an epic sci-fi RTS set in the year 2012, as powerful alien forces bring their galaxy-spanning war to our planet’s doorstep.
Save the world or consume it as you take charge of three unique factions with awesome powers and spectacular units. Command the massive alien walkers of the Heirarchy, control the sentient machines of Novus, or unleash the epic powers of the Masari. With Tactical Dynamics, Universe at War’s customization system, you can dynamically swap out weaponry and reconfigure units on-the-fly to thwart your foe and seize the advantage.
Universe at War: Earth Assault features large-scale environmental destruction in a persistent world – level a city and when you come back, the area will still be a smoking ruin. Here, though, the environments you are fighting for are close to home, as you wage war across familiar Earth landmarks and cities.
The entire globe is at your command, as you manage resources, armies, and territories in the real-time strategic mode. As your heroes lead your forces into enemy territory, you will be taken into fast-paced tactical battles where the emphasis is on combat and action.
Universe at War: Earth Assault features innovative new multiplayer features inspired by today’s top MMOs and competitive online environments, giving players achievements, rewards, and medals but in a balanced environment. As the first third-party game to support Games for Windows Live, Universe at War will feature full player achievements and PC vs 360 cross-platform gaming, allowing players from around the world to battle it out in persistent-style online “campaigns” for ultimate faction and platform supremacy.
- Tactical Dynamics lets you customize your armies on-the-fly to overcome any challenge or opponent
- Unique multiplayer achievements and modes that are new to the RTS genre
- Cross-platform play pitting PC vs 360 gamers
- Environmental destruction and manipulation in a persistent world
- Dual layer of tactical and global gameplay
- Special hero units
- Massive-scale units that dwarf conventional RTS units
- Real-world, modern-day environments
- Three unique factions, not including the introductory military faction, which players can control as they learn the game
- On-demand UI that doesn’t clutter your view of the battle
Universe at War: Earth Assault is currently scheduled for Dec. 2007
More articles about Universe at War: Earth Assault