Based on the feature film from Sony Pictures Entertainment's Columbia Pictures, Spider-Man 3 allows players to experience the actions of heroic red suit Spider-Man, and for the first time ever, his darker, more mysterious black suit persona. Set in a 3D side scrolling world and delivering complete touch screen handling, players must draw upon Spider-Man's vast array of moves, attacks and upgrades as they choose their path and embark on a wide variety of city-based missions and multiple movie-based and original story arcs. Additionally, Spider-Man 3 for the NDS features local wireless multiplayer gameplay featuring with a variety of modes enabling awesome two-player head-to-head challenges like Brawler, Hot Potato, Target Practice, and Combo Challenge.
The downloadable content for Spider-Man 3 is a playable character. Play through crime fighting missions throughout the city and compete in numerous trick races. Once you have downloaded the content you will be able to activate New Goblin from the Playable Characters option in the Upgrade Menu after defeating him in game.
- For the first time ever, control the legendary symbiotic Black Suit, which magnifies Spider-Man's strength, agility, durability and web powers, but the power comes at a price. The longer gamers play as black suited Spider-Man, the more they risk losing the good in him.
- In a unique mixture of open-ended gameplay and linear story progression, players can traverse and protect massive, wide open sections of New York City, battle villains from the feature film, or embark on a variety of original story arcs in whatever order they choose when they choose.
- Maximizing the capabilities of the Nintendo DS, players will experience Spider-Man's unique abilities as never before by controlling both red-suited and black-suited Spider-Man's movement and combat with a multitude of organic touch screen gestures and motions.
- Utilizing an in-depth 'hero points' reward system, players can fully customize and upgrade Spider-Man maximizing his powers and abilities.
- A variety of local wireless multiplayer gameplay modes such as Brawler, Hot Potato, Target Practice, and Combo Challenge allow for two players to face off in head-to-head Spider-Man action.
- Within the game, various hidden collectibles are waiting to be discovered. Collecting items result in additional hero points and bonus materials.
More articles about Spider-Man 3