Earth, 2019: A colossal asteroid crashes down to Earth.
The North Korean Government quickly seals off the island chain, claiming the mysteries of the asteroid for themselves. The United States responds by dispatching an elite team of Delta Force Operators to recon the situation and report back to the Pentagon. Amid rising tensions between the US and North Koreans, the asteroid suddenly bursts open, revealing a massive, 2km high alien ship. The ship generates an immense force sphere, freezing a vast portion of the island and drastically altering the global weather system. The invasion of Earth has begun.
The two rival nations unite to stop the aliens and save mankind. The newly formed alliance fights epic battles against the marauding Aliens. With hope rapidly fading, the player must lead a crack squad through lush tropical jungle, harsh frozen landscapes, and finally into the heart of the alien ship itself for the ultimate Zero G encounter with the aliens.
Crysis offers players a highly immersive FPS experience in which they will have to adapt their tactics, weaponry, armor and gameplay style to survive and defeat the alien invasion.
Offering true, open-ended gameplay, Crysis gives gamers an unparalleled amount of freedom that fosters completely unique gaming experiences. Players are outfitted with a revolutionary Nanosuit and an arsenal of fully customizable weapons, giving them a wide array of options not only in approaching the entire game, but every single objective or individual encounter. And they will need every advantage they can get going head to head against a menacing and highly intelligent alien threat amid dynamic, hostile battlefields that range from lush, tropical jungles, flash-frozen landscapes and a horrifying zero gravity environment.
“We are extremely proud of what we have been able to accomplish with Crysis,” said Cevat Yerli, CEO of Crytek. “We wanted to push the boundaries both visually and with open-ended, non-linear gameplay and we believe the end result delivers that vision.”
“Crytek and EA are rewarding PC gamers with the world’s most technologically advanced video game,” said Roy Taylor, vice president of content at NVIDIA. “Our programmers are intensely proud to have helped Crytek push the boundaries of interactivity and immersion. The game was developed and tested on NVIDIA, and we recommend GeForce 8800-Series graphics cards for the best experience.”
- An immersive story that puts you the player in the pivotal role to repel an alien invasion and save mankind.
- A unique three-act structure that forces the player to use real-time armor and weapons customization to adapt to an ever changing dynamic world.
- Encounter a compelling, frightening and totally original alien species that uses its senses intelligently and work in combination with each other to present players with the most challenging opponents yet in an FPS.
- Enemy and ally AI utilise real-world military tactics.
- Take control of a wide variety of land, sea and air vehicles including trucks, tanks, boats and helicopters.
- Explore a living, dynamic world where earthquakes, breaking ice, landslides, and tornados pose a real and an ever-present danger.
- 32-player Multiplayer with real-time armour and weapons customization and an all new mode that combines player modification and tactical objectives.
- Emergent gameplay; actions taken in the game affect future outcomes giving each player a unique experience.
- Highly robust and easy to use mod toolset allow players to create their own expansive levels with game modes for both multiplayer and single player.
- The most realistic environments, spectacular special effects, physics game engine, lighting system and enemy AI through CryENGINE 2.
Here are the minimum and recommended system requirements from Crytek and EA:
Minimum System Requirements
- OS – Windows XP or Windows Vista
- Processor – 2.8 GHz or faster (XP) or 3.2 GHz or faster* (Vista)
- Memory – 1.0 GB RAM (XP) or 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)
- Video Card –256 MB**
- Hard Drive – 12GB
- Sound Card – DirectX 9.0c compatible
* Supported Processors: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista) or faster, Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista) or faster, AMD Athlon 2800+ (3200+ for Vista) or faster.
** Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Integrated chipsets are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.
Recommended System Requirements
- OS – Windows XP / Vista
- Processor – Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
- Memory – 2.0 GB RAM
- GPU – NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS/640 or similar
Crysis, not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI, is currently scheduled for November 16, 2007.
More articles about Crysis