Just in time for Halloween, “Mutant Storm Empire” is packed with sci-fi action as players crush gangs of robots, smash swarms of UFOs and demolish massive enemy bosses. “Mutant Storm Empire,” the latest shooter from PomPom games and the sequel to “Mutant Storm Reloaded,” features 16 unique levels spread over four richly detailed and varied worlds. The game offers a seamless experience where players move from room to room without having to enter a loading screen, in addition to offline co-op and multiplayer LIVE support for two people.
There's this evil emperor, see, and … well, he's evil. Now someone has decided to put a stop to the whole evilness thing, and that someone is you. It's the right thing to do! Besides, in Mutant Storm Empire, it'll be fun. Battle through line after line of the emperor's minion horde, destroying absolutely everything you can! Blast through bunches of robots, crush colonies of aquatic monsters, smash swarms of UFOs, and demolish devastating bosses. It's a continuous adventure through four immense, strikingly vibrant worlds, and you can fight alone or join forces with a friend in two-player cooperative mode. Enjoy the frenzy!
- The art of blasting: Practice the way of "Blastikkidoo" or the art of blasting, as you plow through the different worlds in Mutant Storm Empire. This all-new sequel to Mutant Storm Reloaded ratchets up the competitive challenge!
- Numerous levels: The four different worlds feature sixteen challenging levels, all in gorgeous high-def 3-D graphics.
- Multiplayer modes: Play co-op offline with a friend, or head into Xbox LIVE® territory and go multiplayer for up to 2 people.
- Achievements: Twelve new achievements to master ranging from easy, such as getting a single combo of beasties, to difficult, such as completing the game on the Black Belt level.
“Mutant Storm Empire” will be available worldwide for 800 Microsoft Points Wednesday, October 31, 2007, at 9 a.m. GMT (2 a.m. PDT).
In the coming weeks, look out for the following titles:
- “N+”(Slick Entertainment and Metanet Software) – Play as an acrobatic ninja in this addictive action-puzzle platformer. N+ features inadvertently homicidal robots, stylish graphics, a level editor and intense multiplayer awesomeness.
- “Screwjumper!” (THQ) – Players take the plunge in “Screwjumper!” and free-fall into the depths of the chaotic underworld as a Screwjumper, driving aliens back to their home world by destroying their precious mining equipment.
- “SHREK-N-ROLL™” (Activision) – Gamers join “Shrek®,” “Fiona,” “Donkey,” “Puss in Boots” and 20 other twisted fairy tale friends in this hilarious puzzle game designed for ogres of all ages.
- “SpongeBob SquarePants: Underpants Slam™” (Nickelodeon and THQ) – In this quick and fun game, players search the kitchen of the Krusty Krab, the Flying Dutchman’s ship and the Armoury of Atlantis for 99 pairs of underpants.
- “Switchball” (Sierra Online) – Based on real-world physics, “Switchball” is an intricate puzzle game set in a stunning 3-D world where players control an ever-changing ball along a narrow, winding course suspended in midair.
- “Undertow” (Chair Entertainment Group) – This fast-paced action-shooter sends gamers underwater as they battle up to 16 players for control of the oceans! Players race to upgrade their units as they engage in non-stop conquest-style battles through multiple levels of combat action with some of the most stunning graphics ever seen in an Xbox LIVE Arcade title.
- “Word Puzzle” (InterServ International) – The classic pen-and-paper word search game is brought to a new level of excitement on Xbox LIVE Arcade, complete with combos, high-score achievements and the ability to compete against others online.