“Attendees at the 2008 International CES will be among the first to experience the latest products and trends changing the shape of the gaming market," said Karen Chupka, senior vice president, events and conferences, CEA. "With the CES Gaming Showcase, featuring top gaming companies from around the world in a central, easy to visit location, conference sessions and other special gaming events, the 2008 International CES is the global hub for the latest trends emerging on the gaming market."
CES’ major gaming exhibitors include: Commodore Gaming, Entropia Universe, Red Lion Interactive, Shuttle Computers and War Machine, all exhibiting at CES for the first time this year, along with CES veterans LumiSource, Red Beard and InterAction Laboratories. Microsoft and Sony will also feature the latest developments in the gaming world at their respective booths.
Bill Gates, Chairman of Microsoft Corp., producer of the Xbox, which launched at CES in 2001, will once again deliver the opening CES Keynote address at 6:30 p.m. on Sunday, January 6.
Gamers will want to check out the latest gaming hot spots:
- CES Game Power Conference Partner Program - Gaming is a CE powerhouse. Its variety of mobile and home-based platforms, its infinite possibilities for content, and its appeal to virtually any demographic make it a dream medium for device manufacturers, content creators and marketers. Gaming now rivals film and television, and some titles have earned the status of cultural icon. These sessions bring you into the world of gaming creativity, platforms, business opportunities and marketing strategies.
- The Sandbox Summit: A Playdate with Technology Partner Program - Jump into the world of digital kids at the Sandbox Summit. Get a handle on the toys, trends and products that are shaping the way kids play today. Join the PLAYOFFS, where digital natives go head to head; then move on to the Sands’ exhibition to test drive the gear that’s defining the next generation.
- CES Mobile Entertainment Partner Program - Mobile entertainment isn’t merely a CE category; it’s a phenomenon. The advances in technologies, platforms, devices, content and consumer sophistication add up to one of the most compelling success stories the CE industry has ever seen. Experience breakthroughs in personalized mobile: the video, music, gaming and communications experience - search, widgets, virtual worlds, messaging and advertising.
- Home and Lifestyle Entertainment Knowledge Track - Consumers want their entertainment real, dynamic and accessible. Learn what and how they’ll be watching, listening and playing from the comfort of their homes. Plus look into the drive for gaming in 2008 and the possibilities of home theater in 3D.
- Blu-ray Disc TechZone: Blu-ray Disc is supported by more CE, PC, gaming and entertainment companies than any other HD format, offering consumers a broad range of hardware and content to choose from, as well as the ability to enjoy Blu-ray discs (and existing DVDs) in more players, PC and gaming consoles.
- HD DVD TechZone: HD DVD is based on the original DVD format, taking the best features of DVD and adding a new layer of interactivity that allows for never-before-seen movie experiences. With nearly 150 titles available by the end of 2006, and with HD DVD players for the living room, the PC, and for your Xbox 360 on the market today or in time for holidays, HD DVD provides an easy, affordable transition to high definition.
The latest in gaming technology will be prominently featured at CES, as the exhibit space for gaming expands by more than 65 percent this year over 2007. Total revenues from the game category are forecasted to reach $18.3 billion in 2008, up from $15.4 billion in 2007.