From the ashes of an ancient conflict, a cosmic war threatens all sentient beings with extinction. As the alien Benefactors and Bane amass their forces for the final battle, the galaxy’s last free sentient beings are the thin line between life and death, between good and evil.
Explore lush forest planets, volcanic moons, and exotic alien civilizations. Face off against powerful xenophobe soldiers, armored mechanoids, and vicious predators! Use a wide range of weapons and unique magical alien powers to help the Allied Free Sentients (AFS) in their desperate fight against extinction. Tabula Rasa combines a vast, persistent game world and ongoing storyline with fast-paced action, resulting in a striking new approach to the design of multiplayer online games.
When players engage in PvP combat, their stats will be recorded and a ranking system will let others know who is the best of the best on their respective server. The ladders will be listed on the official Tabula Rasa site and can be sorted by name, rank, server, wins, losses or win/loss ratio. Soon, the charts will also track the top 50 duelists or PvP clans determined by rank.
- Richard Garriott’s Signature Creative Vision – Features a rich storyline with culminating experiences, immersive tactile environments and a persistent plot.
- Mystical “Logos” Language & Powers – Alien mystical language and powers allow players to harness the very fabric of the cosmos for heals, attacks and more!
- Ethical Parables – Players encounter ethical decisions while attempting to complete goals or missions that affect the people and environments around them.
- Brings Role-playing to the Battlefield – Fast-paced action involving skill, stealth and strategy combines with character growth and development (RPG) on a massive multiplayer scale (MMO).
- Battlefield Control Points – Entrenched positions on a given battlefield can change hands over the course of a battle and affect spawn points of both enemy and friendly characters.
- Character Cloning System – Explore different character paths without having to start from scratch.
- Crafting & Economy – Players will participate in crafting and selling items
- Player-vs-Player – Clans declare war on other clans, enabling voluntary PvP gameplay.
The standard edition box of Richard Garriott’s Tabula Rasa will be available at major online retailers at an expected retail price of $49.99 and at the PlayNC store. Customers will be able to purchase the recently announced Limited Collector’s Edition box from major retailers at an expected retail price of $69.99. Both products include the first month of online game play. After the first month, players will be charged a monthly subscription fee of US$14.99. Sixty-day game time cards will also be available at many North American retailers for an expected retail price of US$29.99.
More articles about Tabula Rasa