A top-down, sci-fi shooter, Nanostray 2 features six game modes, including two-player co-op, two-player vs, Challenge (with 30+ different missions) and the brand new Simulator (go high-score hunting in four futuristic games). With both horizontal and vertical viewpoints that offer more variety between levels, Nanostray 2 also includes multiple control schemes and configurable weapons that are a necessity to defeat the game's 16 formidable bosses. In addition, players can upload their scores via Nintendo's Wi-Fi Connection so they can see how they rank against the best.
"The original Nanostray delivered thrilling nonstop action that hearkened back to classic arcade shooters," said Ken Gold, vice president of Marketing. "In Nanostray 2, we're building upon that foundation with features fans requested after the original release: new game modes, control options and wireless connectivity, among them."
- Game Modes
- 2 Player
- Comprehensive Adventure Mode: Discover the truth about the Nanostray Virus. Experience an exciting story, excellent cutscenes, extensive voice acting, and never seen before special effects.
- 32 Challenges: Master 32 challenges, each located in a unique environment. A broad range of different tasks have to be solved, ranging from easy to ambitious. Complete a set of 8 challenges to unlock one of the four extra 'Simulator' games.
- 4 Unlockable Simulators: The simulators are fast paced arcade style games, focused on hiscore hunting. They are all designed in a unique futuristic 'simulator' style. Each game is a complete new experience, no remake of classic arcade games.
- Configurable Weapons: Setup your custom weaponry. Unlock six powerful weapons. Adapt and customnize your arms before starting for a new area. Use three different systems at once.
- Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection support: All players can compete in the N2 world championship. You can directly upload all your scores from ARCADE MODE to the world championship board and browse it online in a number of categories. Local wireless co-op play is also supported.
- Three Control Schemes
- Classic Control (doesn't force any touch screen usage)
- Left Handed Touch Control (using the stylus and buttons)
- Right Handed Touch Control (using the stylus and buttons)
- The Touch Controls give a complete new feeling to an arcade game like N2. Those control schemes are very accessible for players who haven't played many arcade games before. Skilled players will enjoy the new controls as a new experience to the genre.
- 16 giant bosses
- Over 100 different enemies
- Great Soundtrack. Containing more then 30 energetic songs and over 200 sfx
- New scoring mechanisms including the Nanogauge
Nanostray 2, developed by Shin'en , for the NDS is currently scheduled for launch in early 2008.
More articles about Nanostray 2