Brothers In Arms Hell’s Highway brings the critically acclaimed squad-based WWII shooter into the next generation of gaming with amazing graphics and sound, new cutting-edge gameplay features, and a totally redesigned online component.
Delivering on the franchise’s compelling story, unrivaled authenticity and intense squad-based action, Brothers In Arms Hell’s Highway drops you into Operation Market Garden, the largest paratrooper operation in World War II. Lead Matt Baker, Joe Hartsock and the rest of the 101st Airborne Division as they fight to open “Hell’s Highway” in a daring bid for a quick end to the war.
The Hell's Highway team has already implemented almost half of the achievements in the game, and selected one that would be simple to test to ensure that unlocks were working properly. As many of you have seen in the various videos for Hell's Highway, sometimes when a really interesting action sequence happens (like a good grenade throw), the camera zooms in and slows down to give you a better look at the event. The first time you get a headshot in Hell's Highway, this action camera sequence happens, and you unlock an achievement - since this is fairly easy to test, it was chosen to be the first achievement unlocked in Hell's Highway.
The Hell's Highway team has given some serious thought toward making the Hell's Highway achievements stand out from the crowd. Coming up with the specific achievements involved people all over the company, and have worked hard to implement them. In addition to some standard achievements, Hell's Highway is going to have some that will impress everyone, even seasoned 360 owners.
- Brothers In Arms Hell’s Highway - next generation: The classic authentic, squad-based combat series explodes on next-generation hardware, offering unprecedented graphics and features.
- New Story, New Setting. Follow Matt Baker, Joe Hartsock and the rest of the 101st Airborne Division in “Operation Market-Garden” as they fight to open famous “Hell’s Highway” in a daring bid for a quick end to the war.
- Live the life of an enlisted man: Get orders from HQ, go on patrol, spot the enemy and set up a devastating ambush. For the first time, finding the enemy before they find you is part of the challenge.
- Unprecedented character design: Lifelike characters look, talk, move and think with incredible realism. Game characters interact with the player and each other like true brothers in arms, trading ammunition, helping wounded allies and civilians, working together to man team-operated weapons, and more.
- Rich cinematic experience: As the squad leader, you interact with and get to know your brothers. Each character has his own personality, unique story and background, and grows through the game.
- Powerful new units under your command: Players can use or command combined arms teams – machine gun crews create intense fire, bazooka crews destroy buildings and tanks, and mortar crews pound the enemy from a distance.
- Step into the boots of a soldier: Hit the dirt and get prone, rip grenades from your chest and hurl them at your enemies. See and feel the blast of nearby explosions.
- Completely new multiplayer experience: Fight major multiplayer battles with dozens of players on each side; all the intensity and accessibility of Deathmatch meshed with the squad-based gameplay that helped make Brothers In Arms® famous.
- Destroyable cover: Keep your men moving and choose your cover wisely – simulated with real physics, weapons will damage, dent, scorch and destroy the world around you.
'Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway' is scheduled for release early 2008.
More articles about Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway