“Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords” ups the ante on traditional puzzle games by incorporating strategy and role-playing elements in a captivating world with a persistent storyline. Also, gamers will get a special treat this week as Toyota brings to life one of their newest model of cars in “Yaris,” the first dodger/shooter driving game on the platform, for free!
“Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords” delivers classic puzzle-game action paired with an epic story of good versus evil. The Xbox LIVE Arcade version of “Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords” contains all of the content found on other platform versions, but is now optimized to take advantage of a widescreen, HD display and LIVE features like camera support, Achievements, leaderboards and Gamerscore. Additionally, the game includes some minor rebalancing and gameplay tweaks to enhance the gaming experience. Developed by Infinite Interactive Pty. Ltd., “Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords” is available for download worldwide on Xbox LIVE Arcade for 1200 Microsoft Points.
- Unique gameplay: Classic puzzle gameplay is enhanced with the addition of RPG-style character and story elements. The game is incredibly simple to learn for casual players, with seasoned gamers able to utilize deeper strategies.
- Quests: For the first-time ever in a puzzle game, embark on an epic single-player campaign comprising more than 150 challenging quests.
- Role-playing game elements: Create and build a persistent hero from one of four unique classes. Gain skills, spells, weapons, and more over the course of the game. Customize your characters to give them an advantage in battle.
- Battles and conquest: Build your empire as you capture cities, build castles and gain a party of companions that will aid you in battle. Battle other warlords for supremacy in multiplayer mode.
“Yaris” is a quick, fast and easy-to-learn game that puts players behind the wheel of a customizable Toyota Yaris to destroy enemies, avoid obstacles, and finish the course before it finishes them. Players will enjoy customization options and an arsenal of weapons while they attack enemies and advance to the next level. “Yaris” features online multiplayer over Xbox LIVE, allowing gamers to challenge each other for the best time and score. Developed by Backbone Entertainment, “Yaris” is the first free brand-supported game on Xbox LIVE Arcade and is available for download in the U.S. and Canada for one full year.
- Customizable cars: Drive either a Yaris Sedan, Sports Sedan, or the Liftback. Collect coins on the track and outfit your Yaris with weapons, shields, and tire configurations.
- Game modes: Race and take out your enemies in either single player or player vs. player game mode.
- Wild tracks: Drive on eight different tracks of progressive difficulty.
- Gallery feature: Browse through the game's cast of characters, including all the Yaris cars.
- Twelve new achievements and new Leaderboard: Twelve new achievements to unlock, and a new Xbox LIVE Arcade leaderboard for you to dominate. Get in your Yaris and drive!
Both games are available for download this Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 9:00 a.m. GMT (2:00 a.m. PDT).