The FIFA 08 next-gen gameplay engine, built to maximize the power of Xbox 360 and PS3, delivers animations and ball control that is so responsive you feel like you are actually on the pitch. Footballers in FIFA 08 now benefit from A.I. so smart, it features a 35-point decision engine which enables players to process multiple decisions and reactions in real-time. The A.I.'s dynamic 'Threat Map' system captures the excitement and realism of football. Players are now aware of their surroundings, reacting authentically to threats and opportunities to make intelligent football decisions.
EA SPORTS FIFA 08 for the Xbox 360and the PS3 will create a football experience that matches the complexity, finesse and beauty of the real-world game. FIFA 08 challenges you to master the skills required to play like a pro football player in the all-new Be A Pro: Offline Training mode with new Pro Skills. Play the entire game as a fixed player while getting real time feedback and analysis. A new, organic building-block system enables you to combine tricks and skill moves together to recreate signature moves from the real-world superstars or define your own style of play. In addition, FIFA 08 features a true next-generation ball-striking engine that re-creates the drama and unpredictable nature of shooting, the award-winning Interactive Leagues online gameplay and the inclusion of 576 licensed teams, 30 leagues, and more than 15,000 players.
Through mass exposure to football fans, the following 50 songs will define the sound of the coming international season. To listen to streaming music clips, learn more about the bands and get details about the videogame visit www.FIFA08.ea.com.
EA SPORTS FIFA 08 continues to delight fans with over one million units sold at retail across all formats in its first week on European shelves. FIFA 08 is outselling every other popular game offering launched in Europe in the same week, and remains true to its fame as the world’s best selling sports franchise.
“This is just the start of what promises to be the most exciting season ever for gamers,” said Gerhard Florin, EA Executive Vice President for International Publishing. “FIFA 08 kicks off our holiday line up, which has more fresh titles than ever before including consumer favorites like Need for Speed Pro Street along with original properties like Army of Two, EA Playground, Smarty Pants, Rock Band, Hellgate London, The Orange Box and Crysis. This year there truly is something for everyone.”
- A true next-generation ball-striking engine calculates shot success by combining an almost infinite number of different contexts, including ball spin, pressure from defenders, player attributes, and even air pressure to recreate the drama and unpredictable nature of shooting.
- Now featuring AI with a 35-point decision engine which enables players to process 1,000 potential options and reactions every second in real time -- more than 60,000 options every minute -- via a dynamic ‘Threat Map' system to capture the excitement and realism of soccer.
- Be a Pro: Offline Training — Think and react like a real professional soccer player. Play the entire game as a fixed player while getting real time feedback and analysis on the fly. A unique camera angle keeps both player and action in focus, zooming in when you're on attack.
- A new, organic building-block system enables you to combine tricks and skill moves together to recreate signature moves from the real-world superstars or define your own style of play. Animations can be interrupted at any time to transition into a new move, just like real life.
- Dictate the play with new manual controls for through-passing and crossing. Now use the right-stick to quickly switch defenders and choose exactly who you want defending, when you want him.
- Create and organize your own multiplayer Friends Leagues and tournaments with all the tools in-game.
- Represent your club online against your rivals throughout the season in the F.A. Premier League, Bundesliga, French League or Mexican 1st Division. Features weekly in-game pod casts by the development team.
- Capture your best goals and highlights in-game and bring them online for the world to see. Upload your highlights to the FIFA 08 website to create the ultimate highlight reel to prove the stories you are telling your friends are all true. Because without the footage, it's fiction.
- Receive up-to-the-minute soccer news and podcasts from media outlets.
- Dramatically more authentic and exhilarating with 620 licensed teams, 30 official leagues, and more than 15,000 players.
- Play 60 tournaments, including 35 officially licensed ones, or create one of your own.
FIFA 08, already available in Europe, is scheduled for release in North America on October 9, for the X360, PS3, PS2, Wii, NDS, PSP, and PC.
More articles about FIFA 08