The Beowulf video game takes players deep into groundbreaking director Robert Zemeckis' vision of the classic saga, Beowulf. Gamers live the life of Beowulf, the legendary Norse warrior with the strength of 30 men who is torn between the nobility and brutality within him. Arrogant, self-serving and lustful for gold and glory, Beowulf will journey to Denmark to destroy a bloodthirsty beast wreaking havoc on a frigid land. But evil persists, and Beowulf succumbs to its lure of even greater fame, quietly maneuvering to claim the Danish throne. As King, Beowulf must face the consequences of ambition, even as war descends on the realm. As Beowulf, players lead their men, called thanes, into battle, slay the Titans of a dying age and crush the enemies that threaten to annihilate both their kingdom and people. Only then, when Beowulf looks Destiny in the eye, will he know what kind of hero he has truly become.
Academy Award winner Anthony Hopkins, Ray Winstone, Brendan Gleeson and Sebastien Roche will all provide their voices and likeness to the video game, adding to the authenticity of the interactive adaptation of Paramount Pictures' and Shangri-La Entertainment's upcoming motion picture, Beowulf, directed by Academy Award winner Robert Zemeckis. The reprisal of their film roles in the Beowulf game marks the actors' first-ever appearance in a video game, and further demonstrates the close collaboration between Ubisoft, Paramount Pictures and Shangri-La Entertainment.
The Beowulf video game is an interactive experience that captures the spirit and artistic beauty of the film while offering an even deeper look into the epic tale of Beowulf. The video game features exclusive content that is unexplored by the film and even the classic tale, extending the adventure through 30 years of the Beowulf story. The roles of King Hrothgar, played by Anthony Hopkins, Beowulf, played by Ray Winstone, Wiglaf, played by Brendan Gleeson, and Wulfgar, played by Sebastien Roche, have been greatly expanded and adapted to the interactive realm to deliver amazing performances that can only be found in the game.
Beowulf Xbox 360 Achievements
- Act One completed in Thane Difficulty: Complete Act One in Thane Difficulty (20 Points)
- Act Two completed in Thane Difficulty: Complete Act Two in Thane Difficulty (20 Points)
- Entire game completed in Thane Difficulty: Complete the game in Thane Difficulty (50 Points)
- Act One completed in Legend Difficulty: Complete Act One in Legend Difficulty (60 Points)
- Act Two completed in Legend Difficulty: Complete Act Two in Legend Difficulty (60 Points)
- Entire game completed in Legend Difficulty: Complete the game in Legend Difficulty (80 Points)
- Legendary Collector: Find all the Legendary Weapons (50 Points)
- The Untouchable: Successfully blocked 58 Attacks (30 Points)
- Collateral Damage : Successfully broke 58 Objects (30 Points)
- The Dodger: Successfully dodged 88 times (20 Points)
- Prison Break: All of the Thane Prisoners have been saved (20 Points)
- Carnal Collector: Successfully collected all Carnal Runes (20 Points)
- Heroic Collector: Successfully collected all Heroic Runes (20 Points)
- Morale Gasser: Successfully performed the Heroic Storm 38 times (20 Points)
- Weapon Theft: 28 weapons stolen (30 Points)
- The Slayer: Multiple enemies were killed with a single attack 28 times (20 Points)
- Weapons of Choice: Enemies were killed with each available Weapon Type (30 Points)
- Reign'in Blood: All Carnal Upgrades have been obtained (30 Points)
- Rise of the King: All Heroic Upgrades have been obtained (30 Points)
- Brass Knuckles: 58 enemies were killed using bare hands (30 Points)
- Towering Strength: 8 enemies were killed using a Pillar (20 Points)
- Memento of Carnage: 8 people were killed within 1 Carnal Fury (20 Points)
- Memento of Glory: 8 enemies were killed during a single Heroic Storm (20 Points)
- Mythical Monster Slayer: Max carnal index reached (30 Points)
- Legendary King: Max heroic index reached (30 Points)
- The Perfect Song: Perfect Grendel Song performed (60 Points)
- Eye Gouger: Defeat the Sea Serpents Boss (30 Points)
- Arm Ripper: Defeat Grendel (30 Points)
- Heart Crusher: Defeat the Wolf Boss (30 Points)
- Ice Breaker: Defeat the Hela Boss (30 Points)
- Dragonheart: Defeat the Dragon Boss (30 Points)
- Delve even deeper into the adventure and play through 30 years of the Beowulf story not seen in the movie. Experience more of Beowulf’s life and mold your own legacy.
- Unlock an army of up to 12 thanes as you increase your heroic experience (by saving thanes, killing giant monsters, etc.).
- Carnal Power allows you to use stronger attacks and special weapons such as pillars.
- Giver orders, assign your army’s position, and tailor weapons to the situation or enemy.
- Use your army to trigger mechanisms (e.g., open doors) and row Drakar.
- Carnal upgrades include less daze after use and prolonged use of carnal fury.
- Combos, parries, and skills increase as you progress.
- Grab allows you to hold on to walls or climb, as well as fight in hand-to-hand combat with enemies and giant monsters.
- Use legacy experience points to gain thanes, replace weapons, and upgrade your carnal abilities.
- The mystical world of Beowulf comes to life in stunning fashion. Powered by the next evolution of the award-winning YETI technology used to create Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, Beowulf delivers an unrivaled graphical experience.
Groundbreaking director Robert Zemeckis offers a vision of the Beowulf saga that has never been told before. In a time of heroes, the mighty warrior Beowulf slays the demon Grendel and incurs the wrath of its monstrous, yet seductive, mother in a conflict that transforms a king into a legend. Beowulf stars Ray Winstone in the title role and Anthony Hopkins as the corrupt King Hrothgar, as well as John Malkovich, Robin Wright Penn, Brendan Gleeson, Crispin Glover, Alison Lohman and Angelina Jolie as Grendel's mother. Paramount Pictures, in association with Shangri-La Entertainment, Presents an ImageMovers Production of a Robert Zemeckis film, Beowulf.
More articles about Beowulf