The highly anticipated Devil May Cry 4 immerses gamers in a gothic supernatural world, where a new protagonist clashes with series mainstay Dante. As new leading man Nero players will be able to unleash incredibly powerful and stylish attacks and non-stop combos using a combination of the Devil Bringer arm and the Exceed system, both of which are new gameplay mechanics for the series. Fans of Dante won't be disappointed as he too will be playable during the course of the game.
Set in the costal city of Fortuna, the game's action begins when Dante bursts in on a ceremony being conducted by the Order of the Sword, an ancient sect based in the coastal city of Fortuna, which worships Sparda the devil warrior who saved mankind. As Dante begins indiscriminately slaughtering sect members Nero fears for the safety of his childhood friend Kyrie and confronts Dante in order to protect her.
With players taking control of Nero, the immense power of the Devil Bringer begins to be revealed as a fierce confrontation against Dante ensues. After an intense struggle Dante decides to leave this particular fight for another day and makes good his escape. Chasing after him Nero is suddenly stopped in his tracks as mysterious portals begin appearing throughout Fortuna spewing forth ghastly demons. What is the reason for this demonic invasion, is Dante responsible?
Devil May Cry 4 is an epic story where the lines between good and evil are constantly blurred. Taking full advantage of the advanced graphical and processing power of the next-gen systems it draws gamers into the rich and highly detailed world of Fortuna and its surrounds with more enemies than ever before and some of the most breath-taking bosses ever conceived.
- From the producer of the original Devil May Cry and Resident Evil 4
- 2 playable characters – take control of both Nero & Dante
- High-definition visuals moving at 60 frames per second
- Blend of familiar and new: newcomer Nero clashes with veteran Dante plus appearances from Trish, Lady and others from the DMC series
- Exceed System allows Nero to easily charge up his sword with a throttle effect, revving up to three levels with powerful and varied attack options
- Deep combo system rewards stylish dispatching of enemies
- Unique "Devil Bringer" arm opens up a range of never seen before combo options
- Distinct set of weaponry and moves for Nero and Dante
- New active style change system for Dante allows him to switch styles and weapons on the fly, producing crazy combo possibilities
- Numerous new characters and environments
- Signature blend of guns and swordplay
DMC4 is currently scheduled for release in February 2008.
More articles about Devil May Cry 4