Alvin and the Chipmunks, the #1 kids musical act of all time, will make their interactive debut this holiday with Alvin and the Chipmunks, the video game. The Chipmunk Song, which will be included in the game, is a pop culture staple so beloved that it has been included in The Sopranos, Almost Famous, The Ellen Degeneres Show, King of Queens, Ally McBeal, Friends, Nip/Tuck, Boston Legal and Ugly Betty. Timed to ship around the release of the exciting new live action film, Alvin and the Chipmunks, from 20th Century Fox, the video game focuses on the Chipmunks musical abilities while expanding on the films storyline.
The Alvin and the Chipmunks video game follows Alvin, Simon, & Theodore on their latest mission to play during the battle of the bands event "Rockathonapalooza." As the Chipmunks perform in each of the video game's musical levels from school proms to Burning Man to Forest Arenas to the ultimate, Rockathonapalooza, players are challenged to keep in rhythm with the music. The combination of fun game play, a cool soundtrack and everyone's favorite Chipmunks, creates another way for the fans of Alvin, new and old, to enjoy and expand on their movie experience.
“This holiday, Alvin, Simon and Theodore have been entirely redesigned with a bold new look for the launch of their first live action film and video game debut.” said Ross Bagdasarian, CEO of Bagdasarian Productions.
The Soundtrack for the Alvin and the Chipmunks video game features smash-hit songs spanning several decades and including popular billboard hits and cult favorites, sung in signature Chipmunk style, that give the video game a unique sound. The songs will resonate with parents, providing hours of family fun, while introducing a new generation of kids to one of the greatest selling musical acts of all time.
Some of the more than 40 songs include:
- All The Small Things -Blink 182
- It's Tricky -Run DMC
- Heartbreak Hotel - Elvis Presley
- All Star -Smashmouth
- Shiny Happy People -REM
- Live out rock stardom dreams with the power trio of Alvin, Simon and Theodore!
- Sing and play along to a deep soundtrack featuring popular licensed songs from many different era’s including some of the original Chipmunk classics
- Comical storyline surrounding the Chipmunk’s universe
- Challenge friends thru multiplayer including head to head mode
- Offers a variety of mini-games mixed with core gameplay to keep the flow varied and exciting
- Various levels of difficulty will keep players of all ages engaged
- NDS features exclusive mini-game content
Alvin and the Chipmunks, not yet rated, will ship on Dec. 4th, 2007 for the PS2, Wii, NDS, and PC, followed by the theatrical release on Dec. 14th, 2007.