BlackSite: Area 51, developed by Midway Studios Austin, is a next-generation game that will redefine the first person shooter (FPS) genre. While other FPS titles claim to feature “action-packed, highly realistic gameplay,” BlackSite: Area 51 takes next-gen gaming to an all-new level integrating cutting edge technology, game design and story writing to create the ultimate entertainment experience. The player’s modern-day emotions and fears are driven into a world charged with grave responsibility affecting lives hanging in the balance and eventually fi nding himself torn between his professional orders and his own ethical standards. In the end, only the actions of the player and his squad can shape the outcome of BlackSite: Area 51 during this potentially pivotal moment in history.
- Your elite Special Forces squad, assembled from the fi nest soldiers in today’s military, responds to your orders and your leadership in the most realistic in-game visuals imaginable. Lead your squad well and they’ll rally behind you when the enemy brings the fight, but waver in the face of the enemy and their morale will sink accordingly, affecting their aim, their fatigue and the will to fight.
- Players will have a wide variety of traditional online modes, such as Death- Match, Team-Death-Match and Capture-the-Flag. All-new, unique modes will also be available in the form of Human vs. Reborn mode and the new Siege mode, where teams try to capture each other’s squad members on the way to controlling territory.
- Drive the latest military HMMWVs, ATVs and commandeer civilian vehicles, or take a seat in the gunner’s position in daring, low-level helicopter raids against enemy positions.
- As Squad Leader, you have the power, the authority and the duty to command your troops to perform a variety of complex actions, including planting C-4, sniping an enemy in the guard tower, or taking control of various vehicles. Players will also have the ability to control all squad commands with the press of a single button, without the hassle of clunky menus and/or multiple button taps.
- In the ultimate mission-based, player-driven FPS game, take your Squad down any one of multiple paths to solve problems and defeat enemies. Strategically use cover points and blow away others in huge levels where nearly everything you see is destructible.
BlackSite: Area 51 is set to ship for Xbox 360 and PC in North America Nov. 12. A PS3 version is scheduled for North American release in December.
More articles about BlackSite: Area 51