City of Abandoned Ships is a new naval RPG in which you can take to the high seas and explore exciting new lands. Amass fortune and fame as you navigate the open seas with ruthless enemies in pursuit. In the City of Abandoned Ships you'll take the leading role as a fearless pirate in a desperate attempt to seize your rightful place as one of the most respected sea dogs in history.
Starting out your buccaneering career you can choose to go it alone and become the most feared pirate on the seven seas, terrorizing Spaniard and English gentleman alike. Or prove your loyalty and take the coin of one of four different navies: French, English, Spanish or Dutch.
Sailing the high seas as a swashbuckling dread pirate or as a dashing naval captain, you will explore strange new countries and alien civilization, raid and plunder fortified ports and cities, and search for ancient treasures. But beware, the dead do not sleep easy and in the dark South American jungles myth and reality intertwine.
Solve the ancient mysteries of a vanishing tribe, cross swords with the most notorious swashbucklers ever to sail the ocean blue and make sure that no foe ever sets foot on land again.
- Explore the accurately-mapped paradise of the Caribbean. Sail your tall ship around the islands of Cuba and Jamaica to Belize and Bermuda.
- Vast array of land-based locations, from dense South American jungle to dark Caribbean cave complexes.
- Meet real-life historical characters, such as Jamaican governors Colonel Thomas Lynch and Thomas Modyford.
- Take your part in quests based around actual historical events.
- Experience mirrored missions for different states – defend a Spanish territory in one instance and orchestrate a ruthless attack in another.
- Unique P.I.R.A.T.E.S system of character progression: Power, Impression, Reaction, Authority, Talent, Endurance and Success.
- Face fierce ship-to-ship combat or stand toe-to-toe with the most feared swordsmen in the Caribbean.
More articles about Age of Pirates II: City of Abandoned Ships