Steve Wall, Vice President Business Development for Lighthouse Interactive said: "We are very excited to be publishing WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger throughout Europe. This is truly the most immersive World War 2 tank simulation available to date." He went on to say, "The development team has created something special with their attention to detail in all aspects of the game. The combination of gorgeous graphics, realistic physics models, interactive environments and deep and engrossing gameplay is sure to satisfy the most ardent gamer."
Dmitry Demenchoock Head of Games for IDDK said "Our developer G5 Software, ourselves, our volunteer testers and consultants from around the world have put a tremendous amount of effort and passion into creating WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger. A game of this kind requires specialized publishing and promotion abilities from a publisher. Experience, professionalism and real passion for the game are what is required. This describes Lighthouse Interactive perfectly and is why we think that Lighthouse Interactive was the ideal choice for us and we are pleased to be working with them."
WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger takes place in Belarus during the summer of 1944, in which the Soviet Union launched Operation Bagration, the Belarusian offensive, against the retreating German Wehrmacht. After Kursk, this was the most significant struggle of the two tank armies and resulted in the complete destruction of the German Army Group Center and the Soviet recapture of all territories within their 1941 borders.
The player can experience the battlefield from within the Russian T-34 and the German Tiger, with fully animated 3D interiors and playable Driver, Gunner and Commander positions. The tanks? dynamics include realistic physics, accurate ballistics and elaborate damage models. Interior models feature historically accurate gun-sight optics.
The vast Belarusian landscape of the early 20th century, with its rolling hills, villages and large forests was carefully recreated from historical reference photos and maps. The rich battlefield environment includes AI controlled Russian and German tanks, infantry, armored-personnel-carriers, anti-tank-guns and airplanes.
Stunning special effects, such as explosions, fires and smoke, the ability to completely destroy vehicles and buildings, all combine to create a lifelike combat environment. The action can be viewed from various camera angles in first or third person view.
WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger includes two single-player campaigns and two multiplayer modes (skirmish and team-play) for LAN and Internet play for up to 16 players.
- German and Russian Campaign missions are based on Operation Bagration, the codename for the Soviet Belarusian Offensive during World War II.
- Playable tanks: The Russian T-34/85 and the German Sd.Kfz. 181 "Tiger" Ausf. E.
- Control your tank from fully modelled and animated 3D positions. (driver, gunner and commander).
- ?Napalm Engine? 3D technology allows for impressive effects, such as dynamic shadows, self shading, bump mapping, specular maps, glow and bloom.
- Stunning graphics and huge realistic landscapes to explore.
- Interactive environment with various levels of destruction: Buildings, trees and vehicles can be damaged or destroyed by cannon, MG fire or ramming attacks.
- AI controlled vehicles include: T-34/85, T-34/76, Tiger, Sk.Kfz.251, M3A1,ZIS-5, Opel Blitz, ZIS-3, Pak. 40, IL-2, FW-190.
- Multiplayer options include: LAN and Internet play for up to 16 players; Two multiplayer modes: Skirmish and TeamPlay.
- The game is GameSpy Arcade ready for online multi-player sessions and uses DirectPlay (tm) technology for direct IP multi-player connections via LAN and Internet.
- TrackIR support immerses the player in hands-free first person views for all available crew positions.
WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger is scheduled for release in Q1 2008.