This is an unofficial patch for Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines by Troika Games. It's a cumulative patch containing all the previous patches and is intended for english retail or Direct2Drive versions!
Applying this patch to a version in another language will work also, but all texts in the game previously appearing in that language will be replaced by the english versions with the exception of the menus.
To install the patch extract this archive into the game folder using options that keep the directory structure intact and overwrite every file of the same name. Removing it is only possible by reinstallion.
This patch fixes many bugs, restores unused content and mods some of the game to improve the consistency of the presented world. It ought to be installed right on top of the Troika Games official patch 1.2.
More basic changes are listed first in the version history, then bug fixes and more. It is recommended to start a new game after patching to avoid odd behaviour. Patching also resets all options to default.
Both editors used for the creation of this patch are included in the vdata directory. Many thanks go to Turvy for VPKTool and RobinHood70 for BSPEdit. Everything else can be done using a normal text editor.
Tips and Tricks:
When using the console, be sure to activate it from the menu only.
To reinstall clean up registry and remove vtmb.ini from /windows.
On start crashings force refresh rate override or use -dxlevel 80.
If you experience stutter on dual core systems turn one core off.
Don't save or leave maps with disciplines active to avoid crashes.
At high Obfuscate levels use attack to stealth kill without fail.
When controls are sticky start the game in Win98 compability mode.
Have four empty inventory slots when taking Imalia's Tawni quest.
If you can't read papers re-bind "use" away from the mousebuttons.
To avoid crashes don't play sounds with the Windows Media Player.
If a container auto-closes right-click the objects to choose them.
Enemy death may open doors and give items, which Trance does not.
Some feed victims stay in Trance so don't bite quest-related ones.
Occasionally Beckett stays in wolf form when meeting him, reload.
Game may crash in cutscenes if you are Obfuscated, so turn it off.
If you experience random attacking bind attack away from "enter".
Rarely your appartment may get full of strange stuff, just reload.
If a cutscene freezes try reload or type frenzyplayer in console.
When getting problems with a history during the tutorial, skip it.
Stuff not fixed:
"Skip intro" and special fonts only work at resolutions > 800x600.
Be aware that on dialogue your character will holster his weapon.
There are invisible blocks at the Theatre, the Museum and Fu Labs.
Gary's posters appear in all havens, Mitnick's emails dissappear.
Dead enemies drop only one weapon, some exit map icons are absent.
"Skip intro" appears after a saved game but does not always work.
Occasionally mailboxes do not receive rewards or objects drop out.
Female and male Gangrel show different stances in the background.
During some cutscenes your character will look and move strangely.
Bodies may dissappear and dead people may re-appear in cutscenes.
Prof. Johansen's christian name is stated to be Ingvar and Anders.
Vandal will not give his freebie if you already got a blue blood.
Same objects in containers and inventory will not show up in both.
Draining rats sometimes triggers melee mode after it is finished.
Game may hang on "wait" cutscene, walk on left side or use sewers.
At Confession third person view zooms in when being on the cross.
Testing out too many histories during selection is prone to crash.
Blood Shield stays on until exhausted or removed, this is no bug.
The news will not always fit as will the inside of some buildings.
- Improved Bach and Johnny cutscenes and the Chang brothers immunity.
- Added Nosferatu option for Vandal's quest and a gascan inspection.
- Unhid special situation in Chinatown and fixed prostitute hair bug.
- Restored over 60 unused lines, thanks for the list to RobinHood70.
- Prevented dead Chunk from dancing and fixed Lotus tub guy reaction.
- Restored over 30 missing sounds and removed crackhouse respawning.
- Made prostitute leave you when attacked and removed some more keys.
- Raised Romero training stats and added Intimidation option for Ji.
- Allowed some more feeding from Heather and improved her last scene.
- Restored crossbow damages and fixed Blood Buff effect for Tremere.
- Installer created as seperate archive, many thanks to Paul Moloney.
- Made Pisha's quests fail on fight and fixed gallery bar inspection.
- Fixed Vandal's freebie and Venus' cut rate, thanks to RobinHood70.
- Repaired dialogue bugs of bum, Mercurio, Tseng, Yukie and Danielle.
- Corrected sewers level load orientation and two comfort reactions.
- Fixed new line on phone not working and minor log and text details.
- Unstuck Ricky and swapped a few prostitutes to seperate like ones.
- Repaired Cal not letting you up and dead Mercurio sending an email.
- Corrected Flynn giving guymag for free and a Nadia dialogue error.
- Fixed laser beams again and removed Patty's corpse from Confession.
- Repaired Jeanette scene blood condition and Giovanni backtracking.
- All dialogue and python scripts streamlined, thanks to RobinHood70.
- Made Tawni quest show failure at once and added Tourette condition.
- Reconstructed Bertram's pc and incooperated text of unused emails.
- Added inaccessible Blood Heal and Blood Buff infos to loading tips.
- Restored over twenty unused lines for several NPCs, thanks to mzz.
- Translated russian words and fixed Boris' and Chunk's fight scenes.
- Updated BSPEdit tool and fixed laser beams, thanks to RobinHood70.
- Made Milligan leave after Intimidation and Pisha react accordingly.
- Fixed clipping and blocking Venture Tower debris, thanks to MooCHa.
- Removed last respawning at Giovanni mansion and alert state error.
- Corrected clerk adressing women "Sir" and some badly placed decals.
- Repaired possible syntax issues for many dialogues, thanks to mzz.
- Corrected Mitnick's position, some subtitles and more text details.
- Made SM blueblood stay dead and cop cars on pier vanish correctly.
- Fixed some dialogue problems of Knox, Skelter, LaCroix and Heather.
- Put morphine into cs cabinet and fixed a Danielle Persuasion error.
- Added a humane farewell line to Heather and fixed a Tourette loop.
- Lowered hacking skill of Asylum computers and swapped Copper lines.
- Made police investigate gallery crime independent of your actions.
- Prevented Humanity from reaching zero and removed loss for pendant.
- Fixed parking garage exchange and removed gum when sold to Copper.
- Corrected a Vandal condition and several similar dialogue problems.
- Repaired broken Romero quest return and several minor text issues.
- Created Appearance powerup and made Isaac give it instead of Charm.
- Made Strauss reward you with the Fae Charm instead of usual money.
- Recovered chewing gum to sell to Copper and stashed it on the pier.
- Restored rat crowd to warrens and ancient text to Leopold Society.
- Placed library keycard at Ramen and fixed some minor text problems.
- Moved dogs into junkyard and Skelter to Nines' side at one ending.
- Swapped cop Anacondas with Ithacas and made Pisha leave eventually.
- Restored Romero to be back after his quest and fixed zombie scene.
- Fixed cut off conversations and restored a hidden one to warehouse.
- Restored hidden models to Dane, to Blood Hunt and on junkyard map.
- Made armor absorb half the aggravated damage and raised Blood Heal.
- Removed cop cars from the Santa Monica pier after the police left.
- Added Fu Syndicate emergency doorcode and restored tire iron skill.
- Recovered three unseen newspapers and repaired a newspaper mix up.
- Restored two item models and renamed "Replica Katana" "Shin Gunto".
- Made Mercurio's email arrive later and fixed several email issues.
- Repaired warrens electrical terminal computer and fixed many props.
- Added some missing inspection nodes and made diner cook move more.
- Restored warrens door difficulty and fixed switches at observatory.
- Fixed Tong sounds at Zhao's and Hannah, Milligan and Pisha issues.
- Repaired Trip and Vandal not choosable at endgame in special cases.
- Re-changed Eliza and Thistle effects as they didn't work randomly.
- Added missing doors to Venture Tower rooftop and Blood Hunt levels.
- Fixed several name issues and explained others using loading tips.
- Changed Giovanni vampire guard stats and restored Dane crane icons.
- Turned your Santa Monica haven into Elysium area when Jack visits.
- Improved Barabus' hack position and made PCs accessable afterwards.
- Corrected Chunk's brother's subtitles and changed Chunk dance fix.
- Reformatted Sin Bin inventory pages and fixed more minor PC issues.
- Removed humanity for killing Milligan directly and fixed card bug.
- Placed Russians more inconspicuous and removed the two added locks.
- Put Heather's name in the morgue file in case you left her to die.
- Made female Sabbat LaSombra only and swapped some Hallowbrook guns.
- Restored Eliza and Thistle effects to their original descriptions.
- Added icon to Giovanni lever and lowered Leopold barrel inspection.
- Locked Johansen in and fixed a possible bug in the Giovanni crypt.
- Made Venture debris stay longer and be visible through the windows.
- Allowed only one visit to each supply destination at taxi endgame.
- Fixed Steyr Aug damage and hid unimplemented dialogue history keys.
- Removed Wong Ho and Ming dialogue loops and added Luca domination.
- Fixed doors at Venture Tower and Temple and a lip-synchro for Phil.
- Corrected Al's mumbling at the beachhouse and apologizing to Knox.
- Prevented entering burning warehouse and fixed all-clan Domination.
- Fixed some overlooked basic patch details like Galdjum at Tseng's.
- Made NPCs act comforting to more disciplines and added male sounds.
- Altered duplicate Lu Fang conditions and re-added Nadia sentences.
- Restored cabbie and E lines and fixed some for Bertram and Strauss.
- Made Mercurio sell Steyr Aug earlier and sorted Larry's inventory.
- Added humanity loss for telling Johansen that you won't rescue him.
- Increased Blood Heal healing rate and improved activation details.
- Made Galdjum prolong Blood Buff and Heal and Vandal more talkative.
- Added Dominate for Danielle and prostitute and fixed Milligan bug.
- Added and corrected inspection nodes for containers at Ocean House.
- Fixed Glock running animation and corrected SWAT crosshair errors.
- Swapped teleporting female Lasombra and fixed a Nines dialogue bug.
- Modified placeholder names and descriptions of four upgrade books.
- Lowered difficulty of one critical door to fit with new Blood Buff.
- Corrected Blood Heal and Buff tutorial popups at high resolutions.
- Fixed Potence, Ravens, Trance, Wipe and Hysteria issues and sounds.
- Repaired completing Larry's quest being impossible in basic patch.
- Added Blood Heal discipline and slowed automatic heal rate by half.
- Changed Cadaverous Flesh history and occult heal rate accordingly.
- Restored Leopold Society clans and clan equipments for multiplayer.
- Lowered Blood Buff effect by two points and corrected info symbol.
- Lessened criminal levels of both crossbows and raised their damage.
- Modified Eliza to raise brawl and lowered firearms book condition.
- Made indirect disciplines not traceable and decreased maximal ammo.
- Removed humanity gains from Milligan and fixed Wong Ho background.
- Swapped lower dodge book with dodge powerup so reading makes sense.
- Fixed several crosshair issues and wrong icons near the Dane crane.
- Corrected several tutorial popups and mentioned camera adjustment.
- Repaired critical basic patch bugs and restored overlooked changes.
- Fixed clinic guard humanity loss and some other minor text issues.
- Removed masquerade redemption and double xp for sending Patty away.
- Made Potence fit description and finally fixed npctemplate* files.
- Corrected Arthur's $201 reward, Vandal, Ji and Slater lines issues.
- Removed player knowing the names of Ox's patron and asian vampire.
- Prevented picking of two Temple doors and repaired Hollywood music.
- Added config and commands for multiplayer support, thanks to Exulx.
- Made Trip sell bat and tire iron from start and added basic patch.
- Restored lines of Andrei, Gary, Trip, Mercurio and for two endings.
- Made serial killer react to violence and Bertram react to attacks.
- Changed warehouse bonus xp to stealth and corrected magazine sizes.
- Raised condition for Jeanette encounter and removed connected bug.
- Made getting secret informations from Knox and Johansen consistent.
- Swapped passive durations and security items between Ox and haven.
- Delayed body armor until bloodhunt and repaired npctemplate* error.
- Moved flamethrower to last Society level and Ra blade near Andrei.
- Removed xp for Bruno and tutorial skipping and Empire clerk change.
- Fixed player shown alive at wrong endings and restored warform hop.
- Repaired Boris, Kerri, Mercurio, Heather and newscaster dialogues.
- Fixed lockpicking and pickup sounds and some NPCs not staying dead.
- Adjusted Heather's last clothes, more props and minor text issues.
- Repaired Blood Strike, Salvo and Purge working sometimes not right.
- Fixed two wrong auras in Santa Monica clinic and endgame taxi bug.
- Restored Desert Eagle ammo model and fixed other inventory details.
- Swapped several female hunters that were talking with male voices.
- Fixed Domination, replica katana and Empire hotel lockpicking bugs.
- Corrected conditions for Vandal, Trip and Mercurio during endgame.
- Replaced broken female fire axe texture, thanks to Offkorn and Doe.
- Added civilian humanity loss to Giovanni, pier and Blood Hunt maps.
- Increased chance to notice the Ocean House killer and hid his axe.
- Made Giovanni snort girl mortal and added xp for Dementating Chunk.
- Restored female rat drain, male Hysteria, Mira and Heather sounds.
- Made more Chinatown enemies wield new blade and lowered it's worth.
- Placed Gary in council cutscene and synced courtroom sword sounds.
- Gave .38 on tutorial completion and an xp but no items on skipping.
- Restored Yukie's visible sword and moved Ra blade to Fu Syndicate.
- Added unused quest logs and missing muzzle flashes to the tutorial.
- Made Mercurio sell the body armor, but only after the Hallowbrook.
- Swapped a Tremere history and showed player alive at Anarch ending.
- Corrected more misplaced props and replaced "DMP" flickering blood.
- Restored missing flamethrower stats and voices at Grout's mansion.
- Repaired Romero lip-syncro, cut line and Strauss not giving reward.
- Fixed Milligan Pisha bug, Lotus Blossom key board and Carson's pc.
- Created a few missing Malkavian lines for Damsel, McFly and Imalia.
- Fixed lines of Gary, Kanker, Venus, Jeanette and more text issues.
- Restored invisible tabletops and many absent light and lift cables.
- Renamed flaming to 'Pyro Crossbow' and adjusted the warrens dates.
- Added stealth bonus hints and cut Heather's hair, thanks to MooCHa.
- Included Bloodlines editing tools and fixed a Pisha quest log bug.
- Adjusted Glock deploy sound and restored missing Desert Eagle ones.
- Replenished Misti's blood and repaired broken Tremere blood return.
- Awarded xp when releasing Julius and restored Ming/Fu connections.
- Made ghouling Heather easier again and added camera moving to cfgs.
- Gave katanas to Temple and Society enemies and removed respawning.
- Prevented Boris' door from closing and Dema from vanishing in view.
- Fixed hospital screams and dialogue bugs of Arthur, Cal and Pisha.
- Shortened Ventrue loading tip and some histories names to fit page.
- Removed some more flickering decals and fixed many floating props.
- Restored cat model to 609 and removed flickering blood on the Dane.
- Added humanity loss for killing innocents in several combat areas.
- Modified bad discipline effects for non humans, thanks to Populism.
- Used hidden Ithaca sound, gave Colt to Boris and fixed more props.
- Renamed Bloodsuckers' to Bats' Communion and updated female Sabbat.
- Made Imalia and Mitnick turn better and Isaac give his gift later.
- Fixed hunters spawning on main hubs and another Imalia's quest bug.
- Repaired possible freeze on freeing Lily and left over respawning.
- Corrected GLOCK name, modified clothing text and added cl_smooth 0.
- Made sure the fast Nosferatu dies and rendered Empire TV inactive.
- Improved first Heather dialogue and fixed Vandal and Bertram lines.
- Changed Yukie log, two pc prompts and wrong level re-enter sounds.
- Unbarred Ming's temple door and hopefully fixed Beckett's wait bug.
- Made Copper leave for infusion and restored Pisha's meal cutscene.
- Removed hunter when Ash is gone and erected more tipped over props.
- Turned character screens music off and lowered Venus' cut to $125.
- Fixed ammo in Romero's trunk and reduced zombie spawning frequency.
- Restored Jeanette/Therese struggling scene and a few Heather lines.
- Made speech stop when Bruno enters and fixed some Giovanni guards.
- Corrected errors in dialogues of Christopher, Milligan and Jezebel.
- Deleted theatre statists and restored Larry's quest for Nosferatu.
- Changed some weapon infos and moved Giovanni Mansion diving boards.
- Darkened Beckett's glasses and fixed some others, thanks to MooCHa.
- Added speech to Jack's cheat lines and lessened Ming's bar weight.
- Granted humanity for persuading Therese and Jeanette to make peace.
- Lowered baseball bat, tire iron and new katana skill requirements.
- Erected several tipped over props and added a few inspection nodes.
- Corrected a few bugs in dialogues of Milligan, Julius and LaCroix.
- Moved the bum in the abandoned building and restored his fast exit.
- Fixed entering the pawnshop crash caused by sound, thanks to Bogj.
- Renamed new blade to 'Replica Katana' and made Trip sell crossbows.
- Tseng will offer the SPAS directly and the flaming crossbow later.
- Made Larry's quest independent of buying and fixed briefcase scene.
- Released trapped Fu Syndicate guard and added Julius killed lines.
- Changed flaming crossbow text and added some more inspection nodes.
- Corrected typos and lines for newscaster, Lily, Copper and Vandal.
- Removed another warehouse spawning and restored beachhouse weapons.
- Fixed superguards at Giovanni Mansion and the bonus Sweeper lines.
- Made all enemies drop their weapon when killed except the Brothers.
- Added missing inspection node to Bertram's CD and many more items.
- Unlocked doors to Boris for Venus quest and lowered Dema condition.
- Removed .38 got for skipping the tutorial and added the quest log.
- Swapped histories around again to alter those that made no changes.
- Lowered .38 ammo price and time when crossbow bolts are available.
- Added humanity loss for sending Copper and a wrong bloodpacks line.
- Moved misplaced Ra texture folder and corrected female wield model.
- Restored exploding King's Way runner and altered book loading tip.
- Fixed options when asking Trip for weapons and a Prince line error.
- Removed respawning warehouse thugs and missing beachhouse weapons.
- Made clinic guard not open doors twice and added a Nurse condition.
- Fixed Eerie Presence bonus and reactivated the downtown sewer map.
- Repaired possible Gallery crash on entry and resetable quest state.
IMPROVING GAME PERFORMANCE
Most performance problems reported to Activision Customer Support are due to computer systems not meeting the minimum system requirements or not having the latest video and sound card drivers installed.
If these are not the causes of any performance problems you are experiencing, we recommend that you try some or all of the following suggestions.
• Set your desktop to a resolution of 800x600, 32-bit True Color and play the game at that resolution.
• Shut down all background applications.
• Disable any anti-virus software you are running.
• Set the game’s Game Options to their minimum settings. In particular, disable Environmental Effects.
• This game requires a 1400MB swap file. If you are using Windows XP, 98, or ME, make sure that you have “Let Windows Manage My Virtual Memory” enabled, and if you are using Windows 2000, make sure that you have manually set your max swap file size to 1400MB. In addition, make that you actually have enough free space on your hard drive to facilitate the swap file (1400MB).
More articles about Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines