While continuing in the popular vein the original Sudden Strike is so famous for, Sudden Strike 3: Arms For Victory will push the boundaries of the RTS genre with some notable interface innovations, huge troop numbers and enormous map designs that will demonstrate that size does matter.
Based on battles featured in World War II, Sudden Strike 3: Arms For Victory will take place over six huge campaigns where the largest of the maps will be scaled to two kilometres square and take an experienced player up to six hours to overcome. And to utilize this extra space the battlefields will handle up to 1000 units (including ground, naval and air forces) engaged in battle.
“We are glad to cooperate with Empire. It’s a strong partner in the UK market, and that’s why we provided exclusive distribution rights for Sudden Strike 3: Arms for Victory in the UK,” said Christoph Syring, Fireglow Games Publishing CEO.
“Empire has a long history with the Sudden Strike series in the UK and we’re delighted to be working with Fireglow on Sudden Strike 3: Arms For Victory” commented Rob Noble, Empire Marketing Manager, “Sudden Strike was renowned for innovation in the crowded RTS category and Fireglow have developed a new chapter in the series worthy of carrying the Sudden Strike banner.”
All of the main Axis and Allies forces will be on offer for the player to control from the British, American and Russian Allies or German and Japanese Axis with each set of forces having their own set of voice-overs in the correct language to maximize the realism during fighting on the battlefields.
Each map will be fully interactive with the various types of terrain offering defensive and offensive tactical advantages. Bushes and trees can be used as camouflage or mown down by tanks to negate them; houses can be used to gain a foothold but don’t be in one when the air strikes arrive; and trenches can prove difficult to capture and then deadly against the retreating force.
Troops can also take advantage of any vehicles or weaponry abandoned by retreating forces and captured and when key objectives have been completed a selection of airborne abilities (bombing run, strafe, reconnaissance, etc.) can be unleashed on the enemy.
- New innovative game interface that will allow complete control of units without over the op micro-management. Less complication; more power!
- All of the main Axis and Allies troops to control (British, American, Russian, German and Japanese).
- In-game atmospheric speech from troops correctly translated to maximize realism.
- Six lengthy campaigns to test the skills and judgment of any commander.
- Huge Battlefields and missions that can take up to six hours to complete for an experienced player.
- Fully interactive terrain. Run over tress in you tank or use them as camouflage for you ground troops. Tackle difficult enemy controlled trenches and then use them for your defence once captured.
- Have up to 1000 units battling it out on a single map.
- Ground, naval and air force units.
- Take control of enemy vehicles and weaponry when captured.
- Up to eight players in multiplayer mode in either team play of head to head battles.
Sudden Strike 3: Arms For Victory will be released on the 30th November for PC Compatibles at an RRP of £29.99.
“We believe that Stranger is a strong title, which should be interesting for many exacting players. It's not easy to promote the product efficiently, and we sure that Empire is partner that is able to do this in right way in the UK”, said Ludmila Ludvig, Managing Director of Fireglow.
Become a stranger in the magical world, leading armies of mysterious creatures, and fighting for your immortal soul. In this epic story, where the forces of light and dark are not as divided as they seem, you must gain experience to extend your abilities, unravel secrets of the magic world, and crush your enemies either by skills or by using brute force. Some of the best heroes are at your service, and hordes of creatures are ready for you to lead them to victory. Battle tactics and planning strategy, use of diplomacy, gaining benefits from trading, the power of magic - all of these components will help you to accomplish your goals and achieve your desires.
With three intriguing heroes at your disposal the player will traverse deadly terrains, castles and dungeons in above ground and subterranean levels. With over 100 monsters, beasts and bosses waiting to assault your heroes and hold you from you goal you will need to use diplomacy with nomadic tribes and enlist their help to overcome the hordes that will assail against you.
The innovative magic system within Stranger will also increase your power. By utilising the three magical elements (red, green and blue) in the air around your heroes, you will be able to unleash powerful offensive spells on your enemies, and when near a forge you can combine magic with weapons to create thousands of new and more powerful magical weapons to wield.
- A unique blend of Real Time Strategy and Role Playing Game.
- Three intriguing heroes willing to perform your every order.
- Over 100 beasts and bosses to tackle on the field of battle.
- 30 sprawling levels to explore, including castles, dungeons and fantastical terrains.
- Unique magic system that allows you to harness the air around you.
- Use magic to cast offensive spells or to create magic weapons to wield.
- Up to eight players in head to head or team play multiplayer mode.
- Hunt down eggs and hatch them for special mounts that will enable you to gain access to otherwise unreachable areas.
- Use diplomacy to persuade tribal allies to join you in battle.
Stranger will be released on the 30th November for PC Compatibles at an RRP of £29.99.