Feel the fervor for your college team -- and the bragging rights that come from victory with NCAA March Madness 08. Think strategically and execute flawlessly through Dynamic Post Control, a new feature where you take complete control over running your offense through the post, and defending your opponent in the paint. For the first time, you have complete control over dozens of new offensive and defensive post moves, from up-and-unders, to hook spins, pump fakes, and every combo in between.
Experience the intensity and atmosphere that occurs in authentic college basketball arenas on game night as the students chant their school fight song. Utilize a hot streak to build momentum when your players feed off the energy or buckle under the pressure with the Team Intensity Control. ESPN college basketball broadcasters Dick Vitale and Brad Nessler provide their trademark commentary, and now ESPN sideline reporter Erin Andrews makes her videogame debut, providing insight throughout the course of each game, as well as real-time injury updates.
NCAA March Madness 08 finally makes dream match-ups a reality, enabling you to replay classic games in college basketball history. Featuring more than 70 classic teams, take the court as the 1972 UCLA Bruins against any of the great North Carolina Tar Heels teams of the 1980s, the Duke Blue Devils of the 1990s or the two-time defending national champion University of Florida Gators.
The college game comes to life with new authentic arenas, new player models with form-fitting uniforms, breakaway hoop rims, and the ability of players to slap the backboard on layups. The game also features custom playbooks for each team, the EA SPORTS Lockdown Stick that enables you to play pressure defense, a deeper Dynasty Mode™ that enables you build your school into a national powerhouse, and an online feature set that includes customized leagues and ESPN on Demand.
- Dynamic Post Control: For the first time, you have complete control over dozens of new offensive post moves, including finesse ones like an up-and-under, drop step, hook spin, jump hook, and pump fake, and the ability to combine moves together. Animations can be interrupted at any time to transition into a new move, enabling you to read and respond to the defense, just like real life.
Defend The Post: Take command of the post on defense with strategic positioning to dominate down low -- guard your opponent man-to-man, front him to deny the entry pass, or read the offense and go for the steal!
- Classic Teams: Replay classic games in college basketball history with over 70 classic teams available to create your dream match-ups. In addition, the ultimate teams for dozens of Division I schools have been created enabling you to determine the best team in college basketball history
- Feel the Intensity: Feel the crowd come alive and watch as it affects your players’ composure in the most hostile environments in college basketball. Your players respond differently based on their individual player composure ratings, influencing their success or failure on the court.
- Impact Moment: When the timing is right and the Team Intensity Meter is full, activate your Impact Moment to pump up the home crowd, give your teammates a boost, raise your own level of play or intimidate your opponent.
- Authentic College Atmosphere: Experience the electricity of game night with the band playing fight songs and students cheering their team. With new authentic arenas and interactive environments, your players can chest bump the mascot, pump up the crowd, or fire up teammates.
- Broadcast Team: ESPN sideline reporter Erin Andrews makes her videogame debut joining Dick Vitale and Brad Nessler to provide strategic observations throughout the course of each game and real-time injury updates.
- Complete ESPN Access: Feel the total ESPN experience with new ESPN in-game visuals, access to scores, news, and insightful commentary with ESPN Motion, ESPN Radio, ESPN.com and ESPN Sports Ticker updates.
- Enhanced EA SPORTS Lockdown Stick: Get in your opponent’s face using the EA SPORTS Lockdown Stick. Pressure your opponent and dictate his every move by playing physical on-the-ball defense, trapping, forcing turnovers, denying passes and jumping into passing lanes.
- Floor General Playcalling: With the most sophisticated play calling system and authentic customizable playbooks to date, you can run your school’s actual plays or create your own playbook to play to your own style.
- Build your “School Pride”: Build your program from a mid-major to a powerhouse. Win games to attract more fans, build traditions and earn rewards like cheerleaders and a school band at home games.
- Deeper Dynasty Mode: Simulate your games with the ability to interrupt the action at any point and take control to make sure your team seals the victory. Plus, there is more tournament content than ever before with Pre and Post season NIT and the McDonald’s High School All American game. All-new recruiting and alumni challenges help you track your progress and achievements on your way building an NCAA Championship program.
NCAA March Madness 08 is scheduled for PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360, and will ship Dec. 11, 2007.
More articles about NCAA March Madness 08