World in Conflict Update #003
- Command Points on Assault maps will now spawn with fortifications (to prevent steamrolling).
- Players that get disconnected during a clan match will now be able to re-connect to the match either by clicking Join Same Server on a clanmate or by clicking the Join Last Server Played button.
- It is now possible to move the Drop Zone directly after the plane has delivered the units.
- Clan leaders and officers are now be able to send Mass-IM's to their clan mates.
- Servers can now be administered remotely.
- Added enhanced functionality to Replays: Play, Stop and Fast forward buttons added.
- Added the option to wait in line to join a server that is currently full in Massgate.
- Added the possibility to hide the Score Sheet and move the camera at the end of matches.
- Added functionality for dedicated servers to have a banner and a welcome text.
- Added option to give contextual orders (repair, enter unit) by right-clicking the unit icons at the bottom of the screen.
- Added ability to ignore players in Massgate by right clicking and choosing Ignore.
- Added slider to control the volume threshold for voice activated VoIP.
- Added sliders in Options to change the size of unit icons in the world and in the icon bar.
- Added options to remove all posts by a specific user in the guestbook.
- Added Stop Spectating button to Spectating Mode.
- Added ability to select newly delivered units (default Shift + Space).
- Added Connect to IP ability for LAN play.
- Added support for different resolutions on each screen in Dual screen mode.
- IM's from people not in the contact list will now be displayed in the top of the contact list.
- Added option to turn off Wi-Fi strength and battery level indicators.
Units and balancing:
- Napalm now does some burn damage over time to buildings as well as units.
- Trimmed drag selection for infantry to focus on unit icons instead of soldiers.
- Changed so that just one movement marker is displayed for infantry squads.
- Infantry selection rings will now show on mouse over.
- Orders to use Sprint, Smoke Screen and Flares defensive special abilities will now be given to all selected units with the ability, not just to units of the selected type.
- Tweaked the hitboxes for all Medium Attack Helicopters to make them more balanced.
- The Daisy Cutter TA animation is now visible for opponents for a much shorter time.
- Movement speed for Heavy Anti-Air Vehicle and Repair Tank was reduced slightly.
- Decreased direct damage and armor piercing from USSR Heavy Artillery.
- Increased recharge time for Medium Artillery special ability by 50%.
- Tweaked initial deployment field for attackers on as_Airbase.
- Tweaked deployment fields for both factions on do_Farmland.
- Tweaked deployment fields for both factions on do_Riverbed.
- Tactical Nuke now destroys bridges in a slightly larger radius.
- Custom player color should now show on the minimap.
- Custom player color should now stay after a map cycle.
- The map list in the Create Server screen is now sorted alphabetically.
- Fixed a graphics bug (sometimes resulting in freeze/crash) that occurred when running single player cut-scenes and using resolutions with aspect ratio higher than 16:9.
- Fixed a bug that made the camera face the wrong way in "Assault mode".
- Fixed a bug where units would not connect to the ground inside craters.
- Fixed a bug where units would refuse to fire on units inside craters.
- Re-supply button should now work on multiple squads.
- Fixed a bug with Offensive Special Abilities mouse pointer.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes spawned enemy fortifications in friendly Command Points.
- The Top Role section in the score sheets now includes TA score accumulated during the round.
- Trimmed tank accuracy and auto acquire while moving.
- Fixed path-blocker in North Hill perimeter point on do_Christmas.
- Line Of Fire feedback (default ALT key) should now work on houses too.
- Accepting a TA request should no longer deselect units.
- Forest bonus icon for infantry should now only show when the whole squad is protected.
- Enhanced support for Matrox TripleHead2Go :
--- Should now detect & use resolutions with aspect ratio equal to or above 3:1 on first start.
--- Players can now use resolutions with aspect ratio below 3:1 with TripleHead2Go active without getting the GUI stretched.
--- Combat GUI will now be rendered on the middle screen. This can be disabled with the command line flag "-dontcentergui".
The release date for Update 3has not yet been set.
More articles about World in Conflict