After two amazing adventures that made Runaway a critically and commercially successful PC title, our heroes Brian and Gina are now making a stunning entrance into the console world - with their first adventure coming to the Nintendo DSTM.
The game begins as Brian and Gina are enjoying a well-deserved vacation under the Hawaiian sun. The couple decides to visit Tiki Falls. Unfortunately, their plane crashes in the jungle, and our two miraculously uninjured heroes are separated during the crash. This sets off a wacky adventure that leads Brian and Gina to the four corners of the globe where they meet military men, pirates, spies, surfers and possibly even aliens!
Perfectly tuned to take advantage of the touch-screen features of the DS, Runaway, The Dream of the Turtle introduces a wonderful animated graphical adventure with a hilarious storyline, full of unique humour and plot twists
This DS version features more than an hour of amazing animated sequences to underpin the plot, its surprise developments and multiple comedic moments.
With Runaway, The Dream of the Turtle DS, you’ll feel like you’re living an incredible adventure at the heart of a hilariously fun animated film. The player moves and interacts in truly vibrant, rich and detailed environments, from tropical jungles to arctic wastelands
Follow Brian and Gina and meet dozens of eccentric characters while completing wacky puzzles and exploring more than one hundred places at the four corners of the globe with a flick of the stylus! A unique and exciting adventure is at your fingertips!
Although there have been some quality adventure games available for the Nintendo DS before now, they clearly settled for a less “animated” style. Runaway, a touchstone among adventure games, has to live up to its spectacular PC reputation in its move to Nintendo’s portable console. With the PC version of the game taking up the size of a DVD-ROM, it was a challenge to fit so much data onto a Nintendo DS cartridge. Released on the largest DS cartridge (1 GB + 512 MB EEPROM), the game is one of the first to use the new VX2 video codec on DS, which makes it possible to offer more than an hour of video sequences designed to enhance the storyline, along with lots of comedic moments.
- The fabulous adventures of Brian Basco and Gina Timmins for the first time on console
- Discover 6 great chapters of an unforgettable adventure full of surprises and meet more than 30 eccentric 3D characters!
- Up to 100 locations from all four corners of the world, all rendered in lush graphical detail.
- A unique graphical experience due to a perfect combination of animations in 3D and the traditional 2D design of adventure games.
- As never seen before on DS, the game offers one hour of amazing animated sequences that will underpin the plot. This true technological exploit has been made feasible thanks to the use of the advanced VX2 codec.
- Enjoy the great experience of Point 'n Click gameplay on DS thanks to the mouse / stylus substitution.
- An intuitive zoom system offers an excellent visibility when exploring the adventure environments.
- Thanks to the DS double-screen, a highly-optimised navigation system gives you the possibility to switch from the inventory to the game screen at any time.
- Integrated help system making it easier to solve the most difficult puzzles.
Runaway: The Dream of the Turtle is currently available on PC, and will be released on NDS in North America Q2 2008.