Step into the boots of Boyd Travers, Private First Class of the 82nd Airborne Division and engage in battles throughout Europe. From rocky beginnings in Sicily to war-winning triumphs in Germany, each mission begins behind enemy lines, with an intense and fully interactive airdrop. Your ability to determine your own starting point dramatically changes the way each mission plays out. View the entire operation from the air, and then control your parachute to choose your landing spot. On the ground, gather your senses and assess the terrain. A wide variety of authentic, customizable weapons are at your disposal, each with distinct characteristics. Choose your path in this free roaming FPS environment. Medal of Honor Airborne will also feature exceptionally photo-realistic characters, adding to the intensity of the cinematic, story-driven game.
Now, PlayStation 3 gamers are able to jump into the largest Allied Airborne Operations of WWII and become the hero that suppresses the Axis powers throughout Europe. Using an innovative approach to first-person shooter gaming, every level starts with the player’s ability to airdrop into combat from a C-47 airplane and choose where they land on the battlefield. The first step is everything and the player’s landing spot can change the course of battle. Conflict on the ground offers strategic choice in vertical, open battle spaces with a wealth of attack routes and flanking opportunities.
In addition to the unique game design, Medal of Honor Airborne delivers an immersive experience of WWII which is complimented by award-winning composer Michael Giacchino who has scored the soundtrack. An esteemed composer for numerous film and TV projects such as “Lost”, “Alias,” M:i:III (2007), The Incredibles (2004), and most recently Ratatouille (2007), Giacchino has been repeatedly recognized for his contributions to theatrical composition and score. As the original composer and creator of the memorable theme music for the Medal of Honor series, he helped set the bar for using music to bring emotion into gaming. Giacchino’s extraordinary talents and musical sensibility have been utilized once again to bring a new dimension to the WWII FPS experience of Medal of Honor Airborne.
- Missions in a free-roaming FPS Experience the intensity of a cinematic, story-driven game with the freedom of nin-linear missions in a free roaming FPS environment.
- Start each mission with a fully interactive airdrop into enemy territory. Your landing spot can dramatically change the way each mission is played out.
- A wide variety of historically accurate customizable weapons are at your disposal.
- Develop skills on your personalized weapon with field modifications that remain persistent throughout the entire game.
- Medal of Honor Airborne will present the most believable humans in a game.
- Utilizing the very latest technology to deliver truly believable humans within the gaming environment.
- Dynamic Online play
Medal of Honor Airborne, currently available for PC and Xbox 360, will launch for PS3 on Nov. 21, 2007.
More articles about Medal of Honor Airborne