A fierce struggle is taking place within Asgard, the realm of the Norse Gods. The battle has escalated, spilling over to the mortal world of Midgard and now a Champion must be found, a Warrior than can sway this war that threatens the fate of Asgard and the Gods themselves.
The goddess Hel – daughter of Loki, Norse God of mischief, has been banished from the heavenly kingdom of Asgard for defying Odin’s rule. Angry at her fate, she seeks to release the ancient wolf-god Fenrir which legend tells will bring about Ragnarok - the apocalyptic battle that will destroy Asgard and the Gods. With her army of resurrected Viking warriors, Hel marches on the unsuspecting mortal realm of Midgard.
Odin’s daughter Freya, goddess of love and wisdom, is appointed the task of stopping Hel and defending the future of mankind. For her champion she chooses Skarin, a great but troubled young warrior, ignorant of the true reason for his favour with the Gods and thrust into the midst of their bitter war.
As Skarin, players will experience unparalleled battle scenes, leading the charge in a titanic clash between powerful gods and mere men. War on an unprecedented scale will rage across a beautifully realised Viking landscape. Vast, living islands, free form worlds filled with discovery, stealth, brutal combat and culminating in epic battles the like of which have never been seen on console before.
Leave a bloody trail of dismembered foes as you master an involving and addictive combat style with destructive mythical powers and abilities. Explore vast and visually stunning open-world environments whilst slaying your enemies with a huge array of devastating and brutal combat moves. Tame mighty dragons and unleash their rain of fire, laying waste to the enemy hordes that stand in your way. Free enslaved warriors to wage war on Hel’s legion and lead them into huge, epic battles featuring colossal giants, powerful shaman, deadly assassins and Hel’s own champions. Here players can use Skarin’s emerging skills to help turn the tide of conflict with a timely murder or through the brutality of a visceral wave of slaughter.
“Skarin is a cutting edge hero in a fantastic re-imagining of Norse Mythology. Skarin is obviously a very dangerous man.” said Gary Knight, European Marketing Director SEGA Europe. “Add in his inner conflict, a confused heritage and a growing distrust of the Gods and you have the makings of gaming’s next great hero.”
- The story of a Viking Hero. Skarin is an uncompromising force. A plaything of the gods rebelling against their selfish agenda. The definitive Viking warrior.
- Rich Viking Lore. The violent and glorious world of Viking mythology brought to stunning life. Players will write their own legends to be told around the campfire.
- Vast open world environments. Explore, uncover and fight your way across huge next gen worlds full of combat, exploration and quests.
- High impact, brutal combat engine. Experience intensely physical melee combat. Dismember enemies with deadly combat moves in a whirlwind of death.
- Mythical Powers. Tame dragons and command them to rain fire upon your enemies. Call on magic and the power of the gods to win the mortal war.
- Free your people. Liberate your Viking kinsmen from the clutches of Hel. Earn their trust and their sword arm. Fight alongside them in battle.
- Fpic Battles. Lay the foundations for huge battles featuring hundreds of dynamic NPC warriors. Subtly influence the battle through targeted assassination or wade in to save stricken allies. Become one amongst many and turn the tide in favour of your kinsmen.
Viking: Battle For Asgard is due for release on Xbox 360 and PS3 early in 2008.
More articles about Viking: Battle For Asgard