- Added online ladder games.
- Map Editor Do/Undo tool performance improved.
- Quest trees in the Map Editor are exportable to GraphViz.
- Added support for cliff “snapping“ in the Map Editor.
- The Map Editor updates terrain blocking when placing/removing cliffs.
- Several quest system improvements.
Bug Fixes Game
- Fixed a problem on 7000 series nVidia graphic cards where the game would cause a blue screen under very rare cirumstances.
- Game no longer crashes upon entering LAN/online mode if no network connection is available.
- Building decals should now always be visible.
Fixed a bug on campaign map 4 (Narfang) where Hakim would not reach the castle and hence the final quest could not be completed.
Bug Fixes Map Editor
- A selection problem with certain types of stones & trees has been fixed.
- Some fixes for wall gate, map rotation, water level, and brush tools.
- Map Editor files are now removed when uninstalling the game.
- Fixed bug where entities were invisible yet cast shadows.
- Fixed several issues related to Do/Undo.
- Added snapping points for harbour wall.
- Map sound points are now properly stored.
- Fixed some issues related to localization.
- Several minor fixes related to tool usability.
- After loading a save game created prior to version 1.3 the game may crash if numerous save games exist.
- Saved games from versions older than 1.1 cannot be loaded, and saved games from 1.2 cannot be loaded by older versions. We advise you to finish your latest mission before applying the patch.
- Saved games from the campaign tutorial mission (Vestholm 1) made with game versions 1.1 and 1.2 will not work properly. We advise you to finish the tutorial before applying the patch.
- If the network connection is lost while loading a map in LAN/online mode, the game may hang.
- Map Editor has been added.
- When overwriting savegame (both Quicksave and normal savegames) and saving fails, the old savegame is restored rather than deleted.
- Saving a game requires less memory.
- Fixed updater bug that prevented automatic updates under Vista
- Fixed a problem on Challia (map 2) where the knight could get stuck at the fire near the chapel.
- A rare freeze when building roads across territory borders has been fixed.
- Fix an occasional crash when loading savegames on Rekkyr map.
- Fixed a rare file not found error when using 1.3 shaders.
- Some other minor bug fixes.
More articles about The Settlers: Rise of An Empire