While this game is free to play, you do NEED to have a PlayNC account, which is also free. So if you do not have one yet, sign up here and request a free serial key (takes less than 2 minutes). There is an optional to play ($4.99/month) for advanced features such as in-game inventory bank, access to high powered in-game items, front of the line server access if servers are full, and other extra with more planned for the future.
The hallmark of Chunk 2 is in-game advertising which will help fund future development of the massively multiplayer online game (MMOG) and keep it free for players. The in-game advertising will be visible to non-members in loading screens and in a banner that sits on top of the game window during play. Dungeon Runners members, who can subscribe to the game for only $4.99 per month, will not see any of the advertising.
Advertising in Dungeon Runners will open up new content and functionality for all players. Non-member players will gain access to new content previously unavailable to them, including dungeons and valuable items. Also, non-members will now have access to one page of bank slots, enabling them to store more items. Members will increase their bank storage space from one to three pages.
Also, by popular demand, a secure trade system has been added to Dungeon Runners. This new feature allows everyone to easily trade items (with the exception of gold) with other players through a simple interface.
“Chunk 2 unlocks an enormous amount of playable content for non-members that they didn’t have access to before thanks to the addition of in-game advertising,” said Stephen Nichols, NCsoft’s producer and lead programmer for Dungeon Runners. “Our non-member players are very happy they can now use what was previously members-only loot, and our members are really excited about receiving additional bank slots to hold their items. These changes, plus our new secure trade system, make this update a win-win for everyone!”
Further enhancements include increased rare item drops and stackable potions for members and non-members alike, which lead to more success in this hack–and-slash game.
Players can play for free or subscribe to the members version at any point for $4.99 a month. Members have access to such benefits as log-in queue priority, members-only servers, and the most powerful items, weapons and armor. Membership status also includes three bank pages for hundreds of loot items and the ability to stack potions in one inventory slot to save room for even more loot.
- Quench your deepest dungeon crawling thirst in this multiplayer online role-playing game that’s home to an exciting realm of magic, terror and adventure.
- Build your own custom hero and venture into the great dungeon to discover realms of danger, wonder and excitement. Tackle quests and retrieve powerful items - as your hero gains experience, you will unlock new powers.
- Adventure alone or form your own team of heroes to battle the menaces that plague the world
- Undertake over 50 missions and quests to rid the world of unspeakable horrors and legions of enemies
- Gather in public meeting areas, then adventure in instanced dungeons
- Discover clues to uncover the mysterious evil terrorising the land
- Become a legend: bask in the limelight as your powers, equipment, and influence grow with each successful mission and every fallen foe
- Dungeon Runners will continually expand to include new maps, new monsters, and new powers!
More articles about Dungeon Runners