Indianapolis 500 Legends puts players behind the wheel of cars driven by real-life legends like A.J. Foyt, Parnelli Jones and more. Experience the advancement in racing technology as you drive the last of the front-engine roadsters, experiment with the first turbine cars and strap on the first sets of bolt-on wings. Set from 1961-1971, a period of loose rules and ever-faster cars, Indianapolis 500 Legends lets players experience the traditions, rivalries, terrifying speeds and jaw-dropping maneuvers of the world famous Brickyard as they take on the arcade-style gameplay inspired by the birth of modern racing.
- Draft, dodge and strategically maneuver through packs of highly tuned vehicles racing at speeds of nearly 180 miles per hour! Full damage modeling turns tires, mufflers and panels into potential hazards as crashes send them flying onto the track.
- Experience historic moments in Indy racing history with Mission-Based Racing: Drive the first rear-engine Lotus-Ford, shatter records in Parnelli Jones’ turbine-powered car, and relive the rivalries between some of history’s greatest drivers! Survive infamous crashes, experience the most thrilling come-behind victories, and more!
- Pit lane mini-games based upon actual pit stop activities. Use the Wii remote/stylus to change the tires, fill the gas tank and even put out fires!
- Over 30 real cars and drivers spanning the years 1961-1971. Unlock new cars and memorabilia as you progress through the years and experience the evolution of the Indy 500 track first-hand!
- Newly developed ‘Torus’ physics engine allows players to enjoy fast-paced vehicles that are easy to control and fun to drive.
- Classic Mode offers Qualify, Race, Pit Stop, Pass, Time Trial and Challenge driving missions.
- (NDS exclusive) Up to four players can compete in a variety of multiplayer modes, including Quick Races, Mission Challenges, Pit Stop Challenges and more!
- (Wii exclusive) Newly developed ‘Torus’ physics engine allows players to enjoy fast-paced vehicles that are easy to control and fun to drive.
Experience crashes, upsets and thrills with mission-based racing that puts you in the middle of some of the Indy 500’s most famous and infamous moments. Drive the last of the front-engine roadsters; experiment with the first turbine cars or strap on the earliest sets of bolt-on wings. But buckle up - back then the rules were few, protection was a luxury and making it to the finish line was never guaranteed.
Rounding out the experience are pit stop mini-games that include changing tires and refueling via the Wii remote and NDS stylus. Players can even unlock historic Indy memorabilia.
Indianapolis 500 Legends races into stores Dec. 19, 2007 for $49.99 (Wii), and $29.99 (NDS).
More articles about Indianapolis 500 Legends