Feel the adrenaline course through your veins as you take to the road for the first time in Paradise City, where the action is all around you. Explore the city, discover events, and look for the best opportunities to crash, jump and pull signature takedowns. In Burnout Paradise you’re given the keys to the city, but it’s up to you to earn the keys to the meanest and most dangerous cars on the street, and earn your Burnout licence.
With true open world freedom, seamless 'EasyDrive' online multiplayer, four unique single-player events, and hundreds of online Freeburn challenges, Burnout Paradise thrusts gamers into an incredibly vivid HD world that pushes the limits of the PS3 and Xbox 360. The white knuckle action explodes as players pull up at any stoplight and spin their wheels to jumpstart the action.
Spectacular bone-crushing crashes and an unparalleled sense of speed will always be a hallmark of Burnout games but Burnout Paradise ups the ante with an all new game design that expands the experience into a deeper, ever more immersive driving dream.
The music propels the game into high speed action with forty major artists including Alice in Chains, Jane’s Addiction, Soundgarden, Twisted Sister, Jimmy Eat World and N.E.R.D., as well as rising stars Airbourne, Jupiter One and Junkie XL who have been signed to EA’s own music label, Artwerk.
Burnout Paradise offers a true open world environment built for intense speed, excitement, and exploration with Paradise City. Feel the aggression in the streets off and online1, as friends can connect instantly in one another’s game to heat up the competition.
Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Music Marketing at EA, said, “Burnout is one of the world's most popular racing franchises and demands a soundtrack that matches the game's intensity at every level. We believe we've crafted a truly volatile mix of rock's most dangerous tracks -- beginning with the iconic 'Paradise City' -- for an audio fuel as explosive as the game itself."
The complete in-game soundtrack for Burnout Paradise includes:
- Adam And The Ants - Stand And Deliver
- Agent Blue - Snowhill
- Airbourne - Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast
- Alice In Chains - Would?
- Army Of Me - Going Through Changes
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- B’z - FRICTION
- Brain Failure feat. Dicky Barrett Coming Down To Beijing
- Brand New The Archers Bows Have Broken
- Bromheads Jacket Fight Music For The Fight
- Depeche Mode Route 66 (Beatmasters Mix)
- Faith No More Epic
- Guns N’ Roses - Paradise City
- Innerpartysystem - Heart Of Fire
- Jane’s Addiction - Stop!
- Jimmy Eat World - Electable (Give It Up)
- Junkie XL feat. Lauren Rocket - Cities In Dust
- Jupiter One - Fire Away
- Kerli - Creepshow
- Killswitch Engage - My Curse
- LCD Soundsystem - Us V. Them
- Make Good Your Escape - Beautiful Ruin
- Maxeen Block - Out The World
- Mexicolas - Come Clean
- N.E.R.D. - Rockstar (Jason Nevins Mix)
- Never Heard Of It - Finger On The Trigger (Winner of the second international Burnout Bandslam competition.)
- Operator - Nothing To Lose
- Permanent ME - Until You Leave
- Saosin - Collapse
- Seether - Fake It
- Senses Fail - Calling All Cars
- Showing Off To Thieves2 - Everyone Has Their Secrets
- Skybombers - It Goes Off
- Soundgarden - Rusty Cage
- Sugarcult - Dead Living
- Swervedriver - Duel
- The Photo Atlas - Red Orange Yellow
- The Pigeon Detectives - I’m Not Sorry
- The Styles - Glitter Hits (J.J. Puig Mix)
- Twisted Sister - I Wanna Rock
Some of the key features that set Burnout Paradise apart include:
- True Open World Freedom - The entire city will be available from the outset, giving players the freedom to explore this immersive world known as Paradise City. Experience open world driving Burnout style as the action begins with you, but it doesn't have to end.
- EasyDrive Online Social Gaming - See your friends online with the EasyDrive Friends List and connect with them instantly without having to wait or exit your game. Burnout Paradise is revolutionizing the way players jump on and offline, making it as simple and quick as possible.
- Single-player Events - Choose from Race, Marked Man, Road Rage, and Stunt by pulling up to the numerous stoplights in the game to initiate the event. The action isn't forced any longer, as players have the freedom to start and even end a challenge at their leisure.
Burnout Paradise will have you feeling every bump, crash, scrape, and collision using Sony's new DUALSHOCK 3 Wireless Controller with rumble feature for the PS3. The EasyDrive online Friends List keeps the action flowing on the PS3, as players get into a challenge with three easy taps of a button. Once the competition heats up, players can grab snapshots as they rip through opponents and collect candid Mugshots of friends and foes alike using the PLAYSTATION Eye. The Xbox 360 version of the game features Mugshots using Xbox LIVE Vision.
Demo is now available worldwide on the PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE Marketplace.
Burnout Paradise, rated E10+ by the ESRB and 3+ by PEGI, will ship on January 22, 2008.
More articles about Burnout Paradise