What's New in Patch 1.01
- An Inventory Item Bug Fixed: Dragging and droping a clue from the list onto an item in the combining slots causes the item get lost permanantly. This one was a bit serious, since player may not go on without the lost item. Only reloading a previous saved game would work in this situation.
- Symbols List Bug Fixed: After opening the safe with the maps in the Ivar's Galleries, 4 symbols became underlinable in a paper in Loath Nolder's office. The bug is actually with the 4 symbols in the symbol list. If you just underline the eye symbol and go back to the map marking device then mark it; you will lose the underlining of the symbollist. Because the game thinks you've got all symbols and marked them all (But you may not...)This means you can't underline the other 3 symbols and finish marking the map and eventually get stuck.
- Hookstick appears in the inventory: This bug doesn't cause the player to get stuck. Actually makes the puzzle easier for them. If you don't take the hookstick from the cabin's kitchen and then go check the secret trapdoor on the ceiling in the hallway, the hookstick appears in the players inventory as you click back from the closeup screen. So the player can use it and open the trapdoor without knowing where it came from.
- The game no longer forces the monitor refresh rate to be fixed at 60Hz. Now uses the monitor's default refresh rate.
- Fixed an inventory bug which makes in-game hotspots inaccessable if any buttons on the inventory panels (DES,thinking...etc) are clicked with right mouse button.
- Changed the behaviour of left clicking an inventory item when DES is open. In version 1.00 the item's 3D model was displayed in the DES which was same with right clicking it. Now in version 1.01 left clicking an item "always" takes that item into hand.
- An underlining bug fixed which caused the last line in some documents to be impossible to underline. Now all lines in any documents can be underlined.
- Added page-breaks to some documents for better readablity.
- Now Clark's Birthday clue can be taken from the "register of deaths" anytime. In version 1.00 It could be only taken when the "important event" clue is present. It is still removed from the clue list when the briefcase in the library is opened, because it's only related to that puzzle.
- bug fixed where pressing ESC while holding an item (when the mouse cursor is item's icon) caused the item to be lost permanantly. Now, the item is returned to the inventory before going to the mainmenu.
- An alternative solution added to "Loath Nolder's office photo compare puzzle". Howard can understand the difference with the current situation while examining the photo in DES screen. So the puzzle can be solved now by just using the D.E.S which is more suitable since last tutotial was about examining objects. The old solution still works.
- A bug fixed which causes sound in the game to stutter on some systems.
- Configurator (Config.exe) added to modify some advanced settings of the game.
- A bug fixed where Clark's dining room key can be taken again from the jacket after opening both dining room and alchemy room doors in his residence.
- Antialiasing options changed. It shows the supported options like "2X","4X" instead of "On" and "Off".
- A bug fixed which causes the screen to stay white after going bed to see the mushroom cult dream. If the date was 10th of November this bug would happen and player won't be able to remove the fullscreen whiteness unless they hit ESC and return back to the game again. If the date was 11th of November, this problem won't occur.
- Waiting time between the notes played in the mushroom cave increased from 7 seconds to 11 seconds. It's now easier to play the notes.
- A bug fixed, where pressing ESC as soon as an in-game interface is opened (cellphone,reading interfaces...etc), caused in-game hotspots to become inaccessable.
- A bug fixed, where entering the date entry into the organizer in Howard's office prevents Howard from going home and rest. Order of events in the game story might have gone into a wrong direction with this way.
- A combination slots bug fixed where items in the slots could be destroyed permanently if they're placed into the slots leaving 1 or 2 empty slots between them.
As police detective Howard E. Loreid, players are tasked to solve the murder of Clark Field, a wealthy man involved in the occult. At the top of your list of suspects is Loath Nolder, a highly respected private investigator who mysteriously abandoned his last case for reasons unknown. Rumor had it that he ventured to several exotic places around the world. It remains a great mystery as to why Loath Nolder disappeared so suddenly, resurfacing five years later and resuming his investigations just as abruptly as he had left them. Why does this venerated P.I. now sit on the other side of the law?
This seemingly routine investigation takes a dramatic twist as strange and terrifying happenings begin to plague your psyche. You experience lucid horrifying dreams and are tormented by paranormal happenings. Why do days pass instead of hours when you sleep? What's real and what's not? As you pursue fugitive murder suspect Loath Nolder, you must face dire truths hidden deep within a haunting darkness and the recesses of your mind.
- Built-in Hint System with 3 Difficulty Levels: Players can choose to play in Standard, Detective, or Senior Detective modes.
- Unique Inventory System: Utilizing the ?thinking screen? allows players to collect and examine items, and thoughts. Clues can also be researched, combined or used.
- Dynamic Puzzles and Features: Traditional adventure game puzzles are complimented by deciphering dreams and underlining excerpts in documents to garner critical clues.
- Enhanced Gameplay Experience: The proprietary game engine enables compelling special effects and stunning visuals in a panoramic first person game environment.
- Eerie Gameplay Atmosphere: An immersive experience is created by a fascinating story, chilling real-time cut scenes, and haunting music.
More articles about Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder