Close Combat: Cross of Iron (PC)
Close Combat: Cross of Iron is the latest addition to the longstanding WWII tactical real time strategy series Close Combat, making it one of the most anticipated wargaming releases of the year. Cross of Iron will give veteran gamers all of the classic content and features that originally hooked them on the Close Combat series and couple it with a massive dose of new content and improvements to make a truly fantastic real time tactical experience.
Close Combat: Cross of Iron thrusts the player into a variety of tactical situations where the outcome of seemingly small engagements can dictate the entire course of the Second World War. Players start off as a junior officer leading their men into intense tactical battles in real time in any of the several classic Close Combat campaigns or the massive new Fuger's Ostliche Wut, or Fuger's Eastern Fury campaign. As players survive and win through the thickest, most intense period of fighting during the conflict, they will find themselves negotiating a wide variety of terrain, weather conditions, and enemies. Such diversity of circumstances will see the player advancing across the frozen winter, hot dusty summer, and muddy autumn all within one of several immersive campaigns.
Close Combat: Cross of Iron also includes vast improvements to the Close Combat multiplayer support with a new multiplayer campaign system for battles. The service consists of a Campaign Server to which players connect to play a Strategic Campaign. With the option to either play against the AI or in a unique Massive Multiplayer Campaign, players can connect to the action any day and at any time and fight battles against other human opponents as often as they like.
Some other features :
- Realistic soldier psychological profiles during combat
- Accurately depicting WWII squad-level warfare
- Direct and indirect fire with limited ammunition
- Ability to protect one's men in buildings, pillboxes, and trenches.
- 100's of specialized squads, weapons, soldier types, vehicles & Artillery
- Includes "Command Center" linking to new maps, campaigns, mods, and player forums.
- Enhanced head-to-head and multiplayer combat modes.
- Enjoy the variety of modifications available from the Close Combat Community providing years of additional gaming pleasure.
- Adjust timing and scroll speed and volume
- New Sounds (many not heard before)
EverQuest: The Buried Sea (PC)
EverQuest: The Buried Sea, the most recent expansion for the Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG), EverQuest, is now live. EverQuest The Buried Sea is available only via digital download, for the suggested retail price of U.S. $29.99 at http://www.station.com
"The Buried Sea is the thirteenth expansion for EverQuest, which is coming up on its eighth anniversary next month, will not only provide players with new missions and content, but will continue to challenge players with two new worlds to explore," said Christopher E. Sturr, Senior Global Brand Manager, Sony Online Entertainment.
The Buried Sea introduces players to a new type of inventory slot called a Power Source which is used for new equipment available in the expansion, known as an Energeian Power Source. Energeian Power Sources are similar to a magical battery and come in a variety of types such as: fire, cold and light. Within the expansion, a new type of armor is available called Energeiac Armor which, while relatively basic by itself and suitable for a player to wear out in Norrath, is built to be powered by an Energeian Power Source and comes into its full power when that is the case. For example, when a fire-magic power source is equipped the armor gains offensive stats, increasing stamina, strength, and endurance but weakens the wearer's ability to resist cold-based attacks. Power sources can be changed out at any time, allowing the player to quickly customize their entire armor set to best match the conditions they are fighting in.
"In addition to the Energeian Power, players will also be actively involved in the gameplay of this expansion from creating their own guild banners to participating in ship-to-ship combat on the open seas against swash-buckling pirates," said Clint Worley, Producer, Sony Online Entertainment.
F-24 Stealth Fighter (NDS)
"F-24 Stealth Fighter is a fun and challenging military flight sim that features a variety of single and multi-player options," said Ken Gold, vice president of Marketing. "A plausible, real-world storyline and an appealing price point make F-24 Stealth Fighter a perfect game for the DS flight fan."
In F-24 Stealth Fighter, recent events in the Middle East, coupled with continuing hostilities in Iraq have sparked political and military chaos in Iran. Now, intelligence reports indicate that Iran is looking to conduct offensive air operations within the No Fly Zone. Backed by the armed might of the F-24 Stealth Fighter, players embark on 20 different land and sea missions to combat the enemy.
Other features include:
- Multi-player aerial combat for up to four players;
- Touch Screen use to execute launch procedures from the cockpit and assess enemy targets during briefing;
- First-person, carrier-based take offs and landings as well as in-flight refueling;
- Utilization of the AWACS Operational Radar Grid to maneuver towards enemy bogeys;
- Two difficulty modes: Novice and Ace;
- Realistic aircraft and combat sound effects.
Developed by Skyworks Technologies and rated E10+, F-24 Stealth Fighter is now available at retailers nationwide for a suggested retail price of $19.99.
Ghost Rider (GBA/PSP/PS2)
The Ghost Rider video game reflects the stylized action of the successful Marvel comic series and Sony Pictures' upcoming Ghost Rider movie.
The game was developed by Climax and its storyline was authored by famed comic writers Garth Ennis and Jimmy Palmiotti. In the video game, stuntman Johnny Blaze is brought back as his alter ego, Ghost Rider, to protect others from experiencing his Hell on Earth. Ghost Rider haunts America's highways, inflicting his righteous wrath upon the souls of the wicked and the damned. The unique storyline takes Ghost Rider to a large variety of scenes and locations, while facing off against familiar faces from both the Marvel comic universe and Sony Pictures' movie.
"The Ghost Rider video game offers an exhilarating gameplay experience in a fast-paced environment. Ghost Rider can battle multiple enemies from the Marvel Universe using his trademark weapons, the Hellfire Chain and Hellfire Shotgun," said Christoph Hartmann, President of 2K. "Fans of the comic book series will love its true-to-form style."
- Ride the terrifying Hell Cycle, swinging Ghost Rider's chain at enemies and using the bike's powers to ride on water, boost over jumps, and power down under obstacles.
- Travel through several locations from the movie, including the Quentin Carnival and Caretaker's Graveyard and take a ride down the skyscraper that links Earth to the depths of Hell.
- Upgrade the Hell Cycle, gain new moves and increase Ghost Rider's stats using the essence of defeated foes as currency.
- Besides possessing superhuman strength, speed and durability, Ghost Rider can force criminals to experience a level of emotional pain equivalent to that which they have caused in others with his Penance Stare.
- Fight in spectacular boss battles with key Ghost Rider villains, including Lilith, which will put players' combat skills to the test.
- Unlock original Ghost Rider comics, artwork, "making of" footage and developer interviews.
- Extended replay value with bonus characters, challenging players to dig deep into the experience.
- PSP offers new gameplay including game sharing, and Wi-Fi multiplayer racing for up to four players.
Ghost Rider, rated "T" for Teen, is now available for $29.99 for the PS2 and the PSP system and $19.99 for the Game Boy Advance.
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure (PSP)
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure immerses gamers in a vivid, fully 3D fantasy world filled with colorful characters voiced by an all-star cast. Real-time combat, mini-games, multiple endings, hidden modes and characters, and a rocking soundtrack create a fast-paced, immersive, magical adventure.
According to Shane Bettenhausen of Electronic Gaming Monthly, "Gurumin's solid gameplay and likable characters make it the closest thing to a Zelda game you'll find on Sony's handheld." Heather Campbell of Play magazine called Gurumin "charming" and "full of personality," and said "Gurumin shines as a necessary action- platformer for the PlayStation Portable."
Gurumin's cast includes such well-known voice actors as Amber Hood (Polar Express, Everquest II), Dee Bradley Baker (Dawn of the Dead, Halo 2), Tara Strong (Kingdom Hearts 2, Final Fantasy X-2), and Justin Shenkarow (Hey Arnold). Noted voice director Kris Zimmerman (Metal Gear Solid, Dead Rising, Tomb Raider: Legend) supervised the recording.
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure stars a strong-willed girl named Parin, who is sent to live with her grandfather in a small mining town while her parents are off excavating an ancient ruin. With no other children living in this town, Parin is surprised one day to encounter a young girl being tormented by a stray dog. After Parin drives off the mongrel, she is shocked to discover the young girl is actually a monster, and like all monsters, invisible to adults. Parin is soon invited to the mysterious Monster Village, which happens to be hidden right behind her town. Parin has just started making monster friends when evil spirits, known as Phantoms, invade the village and monsternap most of the inhabitants. Parin soon learns of the Legendary Drill, a weapon hidden underneath the village that is powerful enough to destroy the Phantoms. Thus begins Parin's quest to reclaim the Legendary Drill and set the world right.
Gurumin features include:
- Non-linear game play in over 30 stages set in a variety of environments.
- 23 non-player characters, 48 unique enemies, and more than 90 items to collect.
- 18+ costumes to unlock, and 15 equip-able headgear to level up.
- Destroy everything in your path with your legendary drill: almost all objects in a stage can be destroyed, and many hide money and valuable items.
- Challenging boss battles, puzzles and traps.
- Mini-games galore!
- Hidden characters, modes and other secrets.
Disney's Kim Possible: Global Gemini (NDS)
"Disney's Kim Possible: Global Gemini" is the latest adventure in the Kim Possible video game franchise, which has sold over one million units to date in North America. The game is now available in stores for the Nintendo DS, giving kids the chance to save the world in the palm of their hands.
In "Disney's Kim Possible: Global Gemini," players take on the role of teenage girl Kim Possible whose mission is to save the world. Along with her trusty sidekicks, Ron Stoppable and the naked mole-rat Rufus, they traverse the globe in an effort to bring the evil Gemini to justice.
"Kim Possible is the modern role model that kids are looking for -- the smart girl next door with the latest gadgets, endless witty comebacks and effortless moves to stop the bad guys," said Craig Relyea, vice president of marketing for Disney Interactive Studios. "'Kim Possible: Global Gemini' extends the show's entertainment to the DS platform giving fans the ability to step into Kim's shoes and take on her empowering can-do attitude."
The game follows an original story in which Kim, Ron and Rufus visit exotic locations utilizing cool gadgets, acrobatic kung-fu moves and unlockable special abilities to foil the evil Gemini. DS touch screen functionality gives players unique control of extreme vehicles and activation of gadgets. Additionally, exciting multiplayer challenges, including snowboard racing and vehicle chases, are featured in the game.
Published by Disney Interactive Studios and developed by A2M, the game is rated "E" for Everyone and is available February 13, 2007 for $29.99 SRP.
Secrets of the Ark (PC)
Players will enjoy several new game features such as the Virtual Actor System allowing players to build relationships with game heroes. Use your skill and intuition to interrogate these characters and solve challenging, yet logical, puzzles where all aspects of the game come in to play. You will be enthralled, challenged and drawn into a dark world of conspiracy theories, daring adventure and ancient societies as you unearth the blueprints to the world's most deadly weapon hidden within the lost Ark.
After reluctantly battling dragons, Mayan gods and becoming a Knight of a long lost Holy Order, unwitting hero George Stobbart settles down to the life of a mundane 9 to 5 desk job. Who would have thought that a mysterious and beautiful woman would enter his life; a woman whose sudden disappearance draws him into a desperate search for a nefarious artifact of great and terrible power known as 'The Angel of Death' – its primitive blueprints hidden inside the Ark of the Covenant.
Moses was the last to unleash this deadly weapon on the ancient Egyptians during the Exodus with terrifying effect – it was the most horrific of the Great Plagues. Uncannily, it seemed to be able to kill selectively, leaving the Israelites unharmed. Later, when the Ark was stolen from the Israelites, the killing recommenced and continued until the Ark, along with the secrets of Moses' awesome weapon, was lost…
- Built upon an entirely new engine, Secrets of the Ark promises a greater level of detail and realism to characters and game world
- Cutting-edge proprietary Virtual Actor System enables the player to read character emotions and develop close relationships with the heroes and diverse cast of characters
- Hollywood style globe-trotting featuring extremely rich and varied environments from around the world for players to explore
- Challenging but logical puzzles
- Intriguing and gripping story based on a mixture of fact, fiction and conspiracy theory
- Authentic ancient artifacts and historical references blur the boundary between fact and fiction
Secrets of the Ark, known in Europe as Broken Sword: The Angel of Death, is developed by Revolution Software and Sumo Digital, is rated 'T' for Teen and will retail for $29.99 USD.