In a world of fantasy where technology and nature fight for power, Silverfall gamers must choose between these opposing forces in order to conquer quests and save the principal city from total destruction. Two companions will accompany them on their journey through the fascinating world of Nelwe, and the decisions these characters make throughout the adventure and during each quest will be key, as choices impact storyline, environment and accumulation of skills.
"Silverfall is a fascinating hack-and-slash style action RPG that offers an immersive and original universe," said Stephen Baer, senior product manager, Atari, Inc. "In each element of this mass environment, from graphical style to storyline, the unique dichotomy of technology and nature pervade to completely engross the player."
Silverfall offers a unique character building system of advancement and equipment that allows for complete customization of characters. Gamers can develop distinctive characters such as scientist troll magicians, elemental elf warriors, or mercantile goblins. Fighting and magic are employed throughout the game, and vary from melee, ranged and technical to light, elemental and dark. Gamers will play through a 25-hour main quest, numerous side quests and two multiplayer modes, player-versus-player and co-operative. With four races to choose from, nine skill sets encompassing more than 130 individual skills, over 100 monsters, and advanced 3D graphics, Silverfall replenishes the RPG genre with a memorable hack-and-slash action adventure.
- A vast, open fantasy universe offering complete freedom, from the flying zeppelin city of Cloudworks to the mage volcano of Brazer
- 150+ creatures and bosses
- Create your own character from a choice of four races and release your inner beast by transforming into a fearsome, flesh rending were-beast
- Build your team of two from a choice of eight companions. Each of them has their own story, background, abilities and can endow you with quests. The way you treat them will alter their loyalties – they can become your friend for life or even a lover
- Manage your character’s evolution by choosing from 130+ skills and spells. Create precisely the character you want to play and adapt it to your style of play
- Two multiplayer modes – the first allows the player to connect to any party, compose their team and play in co-op or PVP (up to eight players); the second sees the player compose a team at the beginning and play through the entire story together.
- Dazzling light, shadow and particle effects
- Real-time streaming of universe minimises loading between regions
- Ragdoll physics and particle effects lend greater reality to spell effects
Silverfall is rated 'T' for Teen and will be available in North America on March 20, 2007 for a suggested retail price of $39.95.
More articles about Silverfall