Different than most puzzle games, Trioncube puts players into the role of captain for a spaceship called Penko. The Penko is used for traveling to the far ends of the galaxy to rescue the kidnapped princess from the evil Hellmetal. Unfortunately, heroism is no simple task and as captain you must be prepared for long trips across the galaxy and have the necessary fuel for the Penko to reach your goals. The objective is to stack a series of 3x3 blocks called Trioncubes. The larger the chain reaction of Trioncubes, the more fuel is produced for the Penko and the closer you will be to defeating the evil Hellmetal.
"Trioncube will offer players a thrilling and action packed puzzle game that will have them coming back to their DS time and time again." Yoshi Niki, NAMCO Director of Localization at NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc, said. "Its distinct visual style and captivating gameplay will make it tough to put down."
Trioncube will feature multiple unique game modes for players rocketing across the stars. They will battle through eight planets in Arcade mode, 45 missions in Story mode, see how far one can go in Endless Mode, and a series of other modes. Players will earn coins as they form 3x3 squares from 5 differently shaped puzzle pieces. The larger the Trioncube, the more coins they will collect. Coins can then be cashed in for new effects and screen art to customize the game. With 10 backgrounds and 50 effects ranging from sushi rolls to tambourines there's an endless amount of unlocking to do.
- With 4 modes, there are endless challenges! Travel through 8 planets to defeat the Space Monster on Arcade Mode, tackle 45 missions to rescue the Princess, take the challenge to reach up to Dimension 99 and more!
- Invite a friend, or match up against Hell Metal to test your stacking skills! Can you fuel your ship faster than your mate?
- With 50 effects and 10 screen Arts, the options are endless on how to create your very own look.
- With 5 different shapes, strategize to create your ultimate chain without breaking the 3x3 stacks.
- Accumulate coins through your games, and you can purchase new Effects and Arts – watch sushi rolls, dogs and tambourines pop out of your Trion Cube!
Trioncube is scheduled for release throughout North America in February 20, 2007.