- Lush 3-D Game Space: A giant step beyond the typical grid and hex maps of strategy games. Maps, military forces and cities are realistically modeled and textured, and they animate to show action.
- Effortless navigation: Player’s console provides one-click access to all critical information and action areas: economic status; natural resources and production capacity; military units; diplomatic agreements; game score summary; comparison to real history; and more.
- Deep Regional Detail: Every country is richly detailed with its major industrial, civilian and military resources. Regional terrain and geopolitical features are rendered in true-to-life form and they change shape based on actions in the game. In total, “Making History: The Calm & the Storm” provides over 800 land and sea regions.
- Extensive Economic Models: Extremely detailed and dynamic economic models, more than any other video game. “Making History: The Calm & the Storm” is a true challenge of global leadership, not just a test of military might.
- ‘What if’ Scenarios: Tremendous historical detail and sophisticated AI that lets you take your shot at fame (or infamy). “Making History: The Calm & the Storm” lets you plan – and replay – historic moments of WWII as the leader of France, England, Germany, Italy, USSR, Japan or the United States.
- Multi-Turn Combat: Innovative combat system allows many approaches to engagements from massive assaults to holding actions. Supplies, reinforcements and geography all play into your battle plan.
Flexible Victory Conditions: Players determine what victory is for each game, selecting from: Win as an individual country, as an Alliance, or as an Ideological group.
- Simultaneous Turns: Allows all players to make their turns without waiting for anyone else. It’s always your turn!
- Harness the Unique “Personality” of your country: Each of the playable nations is designed with the individual capabilities and physical assets it possessed in World War II. Unlike other war games, players do not play the Axis or the Allies; they play a specific country and write their own history of the war based on how they lead that nation.
“MAKING HISTORY: The Calm & the Storm” will be available in stores across North America March 13 2007 at a retail price of $39.99.
More articles about Making History: The Calm & the Storm