- One-player mini games will let players test their hitting prowess inside UBO Camp. Leader boards will track the top players in Homeruns, Triples, Doubles, Singles, and Batting Average. On-line trophies and Experience Points will be awarded to the winners.
- In addition to the exciting team leagues and tournaments already running in Ultimate Baseball Online, new “Free Agent Games” are being introduced for individual players. Players without teams can now get in on the excitement of the best real-time online sports tournament in the world, while meeting new UBO players.
- Also new with UBO 2007 is the awarding of Power Ranking Points for teams, based on their performance in a wide variety of UBO leagues and tournaments. Points will be accumulated throughout the year, with the top 64 UBO teams earning a berth in The Best of UBO 2007. The global event features $10,000 in cash prizes and will run from November 26 to December 21, 2007.
- UBO teams can check their Power Ranking Points and other team statistics at any time on their team page, another new feature of UBO 2007.
- Ultimate Baseball Online 2007 also features a number of graphical upgrades and changes, including new effects and real-world advertisers in the stadiums, courtesy of a recently completed partnership with in-game advertising company Double Fusion.
UBO is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online sports game (MMOSG) where baseball enthusiasts and gamers compete in virtual stadiums. With stunning graphics and surround-sound audio reactions from the crowd, participants control customized characters for each position and compete together against other UBO gamers from around the world. Players create their own avatar to bat, pitch, field, run, and perform other baseball actions.
Participants can play individually, or join a team and participate in a variety of competitive events. Gamers create their own characters and build their skill level (player stats) through successful play on the field against other real human players. Unlike current video games that aim to simulate professional sports, UBO delivers a first-person perspective of a character, created and developed by the player, interacting online in real-time with teammates and opponents.
Darrell Evans, a two-time Major League All-Star ('73 & '83) and World Series champion (1984), serves as UBO’s Baseball Ambassador. "Ultimate Baseball Online really does capture the feeling of being a member of a team,” said Evans. “Video games are usually a solitary experience. UBO gives players a great appreciation for the nuances of each position, as well as an understanding of the teamwork that is involved in playing the sport of baseball successfully. And best of all, as an online game with four virtual seasons per year, you can play competitive Baseball year round.”
For more information about Ultimate Baseball Online visit www.ultimatebaseballonline.com