This is an unofficial patch for Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines by Troika Games. It's a cumulative patch containing all the previous patches and is intended for english retail or Direct2Drive versions!
Applying this patch to a version in another language will work also, but all texts in the game previously appearing in that language will be replaced by the english versions with the exception of the menus.
To install the patch extract this archive into the game folder using options that keep the directory structure intact and overwrite every file of the same name. Removing it is only possible by reinstallion.
This patch fixes many bugs, restores unused content and mods some of the game to improve the consistency of the presented world. It ought to be installed right on top of the Troika Games official patch 1.2.
More basic changes are listed first in the version history, then bug fixes and more. It is recommended to start a new game after patching to avoid odd behaviour. Patching also resets all options to default.
Both editors used for the creation of this patch are included in the vdata directory. Many thanks go to Turvy for VPKTool and RobinHood70 for BSPEdit. Everything else can be done using a normal text editor.
Tips and Tricks:
When using the console, be sure to activate it from the menu only.
To reinstall clean up registry and remove vtmb.ini from /windows.
On start crashings force refresh rate override or use -dxlevel 80.
If you experience stutter on dual core systems turn one core off.
Don't save or leave maps with disciplines active to avoid crashes.
At high Obfuscate levels use attack to stealth kill without fail.
When controls are sticky start the game in Win98 compability mode.
Have four empty inventory slots when taking Imalia's Tawni quest.
If you can't read papers re-bind "use" away from the mousebuttons.
To avoid crashes don't play sounds with the Windows Media Player.
If a container auto-closes right-click the objects to choose them.
Enemy death may open doors and give items, which Trance does not.
Some feed victims stay in Trance so don't bite quest-related ones.
Occasionally Beckett stays in wolf form when meeting him, reload.
Game may crash in cutscenes if you are Obfuscated, so turn it off.
If you experience random attacking bind attack away from "enter".
Rarely your appartment may get full of strange stuff, just reload.
If a cutscene freezes try reload or type frenzyplayer in console.
When getting problems with a history during the tutorial, skip it.
Stuff not fixed:
"Skip intro" and special fonts only work at resolutions > 800x600.
Be aware that on dialogue your character will holster his weapon.
There are invisible blocks at the Theatre, the Museum and Fu Labs.
Gary's posters appear in all havens, Mitnick's emails dissappear.
Dead enemies drop only one weapon, some exit map icons are absent.
"Skip intro" appears after a saved game but does not always work.
Occasionally mailboxes do not receive rewards or objects drop out.
Female and male Gangrel show different stances in the background.
During some cutscenes your character will look and move strangely.
Bodies may dissappear and dead people may re-appear in cutscenes.
Prof. Johansen's christian name is stated to be Ingvar and Anders.
Vandal will not give his freebie if you already got a blue blood.
Same objects in containers and inventory will not show up in both.
Draining rats sometimes triggers melee mode after it is finished.
Game may hang on "wait" cutscene, walk on left side or use sewers.
At Confession third person view zooms in when being on the cross.
Testing out too many histories during selection is prone to crash.
Blood Shield stays on until exhausted or removed, this is no bug.
The news will not always fit as will the inside of some buildings.
- Added civilian humanity loss to Giovanni, pier and Blood Hunt maps.
- Increased chance to notice the Ocean House killer and hid his axe.
- Made Giovanni snort girl mortal and added xp for Dementating Chunk.
- Restored female rat drain, male Hysteria, Mira and Heather sounds.
- Made more Chinatown enemies wield new blade and lowered it's worth.
- Placed Gary in council cutscene and synced courtroom sword sounds.
- Gave .38 on tutorial completion and an xp but no items on skipping.
- Restored Yukie's visible sword and moved Ra blade to Fu Syndicate.
- Added unused quest logs and missing muzzle flashes to the tutorial.
- Made Mercurio sell the body armor, but only after the Hallowbrook.
- Swapped a Tremere history and showed player alive at Anarch ending.
- Corrected more misplaced props and replaced "DMP" flickering blood.
- Restored missing flamethrower stats and voices at Grout's mansion.
- Repaired Romero lip-syncro, cut line and Strauss not giving reward.
- Fixed Milligan Pisha bug, Lotus Blossom key board and Carson's pc.
- Created a few missing Malkavian lines for Damsel, McFly and Imalia.
- Fixed lines of Gary, Kanker, Venus, Jeanette and more text issues.
- Restored invisible tabletops and many absent light and lift cables.
- Renamed flaming to 'Pyro Crossbow' and adjusted the warrens dates.
- Added stealth bonus hints and cut Heather's hair, thanks to MooCHa.
- Included Bloodlines editing tools and fixed a Pisha quest log bug.
- Adjusted Glock deploy sound and restored missing Desert Eagle ones.
- Replenished Misti's blood and repaired broken Tremere blood return.
- Awarded xp when releasing Julius and restored Ming/Fu connections.
- Made ghouling Heather easier again and added camera moving to cfgs.
- Gave katanas to Temple and Society enemies and removed respawning.
- Prevented Boris' door from closing and Dema from vanishing in view.
- Fixed hospital screams and dialogue bugs of Arthur, Cal and Pisha.
- Shortened Ventrue loading tip and some histories names to fit page.
- Removed some more flickering decals and fixed many floating props.
- Restored cat model to 609 and removed flickering blood on the Dane.
- Added humanity loss for killing innocents in several combat areas.
- Modified bad discipline effects for non humans, thanks to Populism.
- Used hidden Ithaca sound, gave Colt to Boris and fixed more props.
- Renamed Bloodsuckers' to Bats' Communion and updated female Sabbat.
- Made Imalia and Mitnick turn better and Isaac give his gift later.
- Fixed hunters spawning on main hubs and another Imalia's quest bug.
- Repaired possible freeze on freeing Lily and left over respawning.
- Corrected GLOCK name, modified clothing text and added cl_smooth 0.
- Made sure the fast Nosferatu dies and rendered Empire TV inactive.
- Improved first Heather dialogue and fixed Vandal and Bertram lines.
- Changed Yukie log, two pc prompts and wrong level re-enter sounds.
- Unbarred Ming's temple door and hopefully fixed Beckett's wait bug.
- Made Copper leave for infusion and restored Pisha's meal cutscene.
- Removed hunter when Ash is gone and erected more tipped over props.
- Turned character screens music off and lowered Venus' cut to $125.
- Fixed ammo in Romero's trunk and reduced zombie spawning frequency.
- Restored Jeanette/Therese struggling scene and a few Heather lines.
- Made speech stop when Bruno enters and fixed some Giovanni guards.
- Corrected errors in dialogues of Christopher, Milligan and Jezebel.
- Deleted theatre statists and restored Larry's quest for Nosferatu.
- Changed some weapon infos and moved Giovanni Mansion diving boards.
- Darkened Beckett's glasses and fixed some others, thanks to MooCHa.
- Added speech to Jack's cheat lines and lessened Ming's bar weight.
- Granted humanity for persuading Therese and Jeanette to make peace.
- Lowered baseball bat, tire iron and new katana skill requirements.
- Erected several tipped over props and added a few inspection nodes.
- Corrected a few bugs in dialogues of Milligan, Julius and LaCroix.
- Moved the bum in the abandoned building and restored his fast exit.
- Fixed entering the pawnshop crash caused by sound, thanks to Bogj.
- Renamed new blade to 'Replica Katana' and made Trip sell crossbows.
- Tseng will offer the SPAS directly and the flaming crossbow later.
- Made Larry's quest independent of buying and fixed briefcase scene.
- Released trapped Fu Syndicate guard and added Julius killed lines.
- Changed flaming crossbow text and added some more inspection nodes.
- Corrected typos and lines for newscaster, Lily, Copper and Vandal.
- Removed another warehouse spawning and restored beachhouse weapons.
- Fixed superguards at Giovanni Mansion and the bonus Sweeper lines.
- Made all enemies drop their weapon when killed except the Brothers.
- Added missing inspection node to Bertram's CD and many more items.
- Unlocked doors to Boris for Venus quest and lowered Dema condition.
- Removed .38 got for skipping the tutorial and added the quest log.
- Swapped histories around again to alter those that made no changes.
- Lowered .38 ammo price and time when crossbow bolts are available.
- Added humanity loss for sending Copper and a wrong bloodpacks line.
- Moved misplaced Ra texture folder and corrected female wield model.
- Restored exploding King's Way runner and altered book loading tip.
- Fixed options when asking Trip for weapons and a Prince line error.
- Removed respawning warehouse thugs and missing beachhouse weapons.
- Made clinic guard not open doors twice and added a Nurse condition.
- Fixed Eerie Presence bonus and reactivated the downtown sewer map.
- Repaired possible Gallery crash on entry and resetable quest state.
IMPROVING GAME PERFORMANCE
Most performance problems reported to Activision Customer Support are due to computer systems not meeting the minimum system requirements or not having the latest video and sound card drivers installed.
If these are not the causes of any performance problems you are experiencing, we recommend that you try some or all of the following suggestions.
• Set your desktop to a resolution of 800x600, 32-bit True Color and play the game at that resolution.
• Shut down all background applications.
• Disable any anti-virus software you are running.
• Set the game’s Game Options to their minimum settings. In particular, disable Environmental Effects.
• This game requires a 1400MB swap file. If you are using Windows XP, 98, or ME, make sure that you have “Let Windows Manage My Virtual Memory” enabled, and if you are using Windows 2000, make sure that you have manually set your max swap file size to 1400MB. In addition, make that you actually have enough free space on your hard drive to facilitate the swap file (1400MB).
More articles about Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines