“After eight successful years of EverQuest, we wanted to celebrate with the release of a very special Anniversary Edition, which consists of all the expansions ever created for EverQuest, including the most recently released expansion: The Buried Sea,” said Clint Worley, Producer for EverQuest. “The Anniversary Edition is not only chock-full of content, but priced to allow players both old and new to join in the online experience known as EverQuest.”
Coinciding with the anniversary celebration, for a month starting on March 16th, EverQuest will be treating players to new in-game content including dozens of Luclin Fabled NPCs, a new scavenger hunt for players of all levels, and the return of the Fabled fiends of years past.
“EverQuest continues to provide players with a massive amount of content, more than any other MMO in the market, and is still continuing to grow, eight years later,” said Michael Lustenberger, Vice President of Marketing, Sony Online Entertainment.
EverQuest The Anniversary Edition is a compilation of eight years of content. Players can adventure online in worlds populated by hundreds of thousands of other players as they journey across massive continents filled with vast dungeons, eerie crypts and mysterious underwater landscapes. They are able to choose from 16 unique races and 16 distinct classes, including the recently created Drakkin race, a race formed of a dragon breed. With more than 375 zones to explore and more than 50,000 items to earn and collect both magical and mundane, including artifacts of great power, characters can shape the universe in EverQuest.
Latest Expansion Features from EverQuest The Buried Sea
- Ship-to-Ship Combat – Cross the plank and fight for your life on the open seas as you raid pirate vessels!
- Two Paths of Advancement – Battle pirates on the open seas or dive deep beneath the sea to Katta Castrum, lost stronghold of the Combine Empire.
- New Missions – Take your group through more than 60 challenging new missions ranging from defending merchant vessels against marauding pirates to uncovering the secrets behind the combine city and the danger that threatens it!
- Guild Banners – Design a guild emblem and display it with pride! Upgrade your banner to grant your guild special abilities and plant it on the field of battle so your fellow guild members can teleport directly to it!
- Fellowships – Get together with a group of your closest friends and start your own fellowship! You can join in a common chat channel, gain the ability to create a campfire that can help you in your adventures, and get a token that will let you quickly travel to your other fellowship members.
- Energeian Items – Utilizing ancient Combine technology, gain access to a new inventory slot that can be fitted with an Energeian power source and armor that can tap into the energy held within! The armor gains power based on the type of energy in the power source, so you can quickly customize the effects of your armor by changing the power source!