"Penumbra: Overture" will follow up with two sequels over the course of one year. The first person adventure horror game has already generated a strong following and is sure to leave fans looking forward to the future sequels.
"We are thrilled to be releasing `Penumbra: Overture' on Strategy First's online distribution network, and we look forward to working with them. The demo has been receiving excellent feedback and we are excited for the launch. Our team has worked hard on this project and it's an incredible feeling to be so close to its final release," says Thomas Grip of Frictional Games.
"Put your puzzle making skills to the test, your life may depend on it! Penumbra Overture is a new type of adventure horror game that allows you to solve problem in many different ways. We are very excited to bring this game to the online marketplace," says Brock Beaubien, Game Producer at Strategy First.
Penumbra: Overture is an innovative first person survival horror game using advanced physics interaction. Instead of relying on combat as the main gameplay, Penumbra focuses on puzzles and exploration, using wits to fight off enemies, rather than brute force, creating a unique experience and surreal atmosphere of a scary game world.
Penumbra tells the story of Philip, who while in search of his presumed dead father, uncovers a dark world. Trapped in an underground complex below the icy wastelands of Greenland, Philip fights for his survival and sanity.
- Dynamic Lighting and Shadows
- Next-Gen Graphical features such as Motion blur and Depth of Field
- Innovative physical interaction system
- Dynamic Music handler / mixer
- Advanced AI with an ability to sense its surroundings.
- Environmental Sound system using physics to mix realistic sounds.
- Detailed and Atmospheric Environments.
- State of the art interaction system.
- Thrilling blend of Puzzles and Action, with various solutions.
- Dark secrets to be discovered.
- Over 8 hours of Gameplay
More articles about Penumbra: Overture