This application will update your ArmA: Armed Assault to version 1.05
NOTE: The patch will update significant amount of data and it may take long time (up to around 30 minutes on some systems). Be patient and don't try to interupt the patch or restart the system while the patch program is in progress.
ANY ORIGINAL VERSION OF ARMA:ARMED ASSAULT 1.0, 1.01, 1.02 OR 1.04
HOW TO INSTALL THE UPDATE
Run the exe to apply the setup automatically.
MULTIPLAYER NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 1.00, 1.01 AND 1.02
Due to some optimizations 1.05 is no longer compabitle in multiplayer with older versions and users who installs 1.05 will not be able to play on servers with those older versions.
STANDALONE DEDICATED SERVER WIN32
Windows standalone dedicated server exe is included and installed together with this update.
See http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Armed_Assault:Dedicated_Server for more information about the usage of the dedicated server.
Note that in order to update dedicated server to 1.05 you will also need to update all data that changed between version 1.00 and 1.05.
* grass is now simulated for AI and multiplayer (including largerd view distances)
* STOVL support
* improved 3D irong sights
* improved satchel simulation (including detection of player and AI usage)
* various improvements and bug fixes across all campaign missions
* overall polish and streamline of menus
* new modern GPS device enabled for some vehicles and situations
* satellite texture can be displayed in the main map
* improved stability of helicopters (jaw now does not affect bank)
* extended support for keyboard shortcuts (you can toggle by holding any key and press second key together)
* general AI tweak and improvements
* more realistic AI target detection
* improved MP browser
* improved voice over net (you can hear enemy talking, direct channel is enabled)
* all versions possible to upgrade to 1.05 level
* English subtitles enabled for Czech and German versions
===How to use STOVL===
Harrier (AV8B) can now perform Short takeoff and vertical landing (STOVL).
It is controled with "Autohover ON/OFF" action.
When activated, there is no such autopilot for slowdown that helicopters use.
Thrust vector is just rotated downwards. Q/Z keys control only airplane speed.
There are no keys for control over vertical thrust,
so it is not possible to hover up/down like in helicopter.
- activate Autohover
- extend full flaps (2x crtl+K)
- gain some speed by holding Q for a short while and then release it.
- once in the air, retract gear (crtl+G)
- hold Q a little longer until you move fast enough
- retract flaps as you build more speed (2x ctrl+L)
- at aprox. 180kmph toggle autohover off and control flight as regular aircraft
- reduce speed and altitude same way as during conventional landing
- extend full flaps (2x crtl+K), drop gear (crtl+G)
- hold Z to reduce speed
- at aprox 180 kmph activate Autohover
- pitch nose up to reduce speed, check speed, height and flight path vector indicated on HUD
- hold Z for descent at aprox 2.5 m/s
- at touchdown toggle autohover off
* AI pathfinding improvements
* AI combat improvements
* Several dedicated server stability issues fixed
* Terrain Detail Very Low disables grass rendering
* LOD blending on vegetation for smoother visual transition
* new content: Su-34 Fighter and Su-34 Bomber, TT650 and M1030 military motorcycles, AKS74PSO, KSVK, M107 and M16A4
* Dedicated server related improvements
* Netcode optimizations
* Helicopter controls reworked
*Significantly improved general performance of the German version
*Improved performance on shading detail and texture detail very low
*Optimized grass implementation
*Fixed bug in texture management: All textures could have been thrown away under certain conditions
*Some crash opportunities in multiplayer fixed.
*Crash when out of videomemory fixed
*Removed function exportLandscapeXYZ
*Combat reaction improvements
*Dedicated server related improvements
*Improved missions endings in various conditions
*Fixed mission duration info