id Software is now accepting applications from active clans for entry into the Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Multiplayer Closed Beta. If your team is interested in helping us improve our product, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with all of the required information shown below. Thank you and good luck!
- Clan name
- Number of 'active' members
- Games played regularly
- Games played competitively
- Clan website
- Clan IM details
- Clan email
Gamers choose to play as Human or Strogg in one of five unique character classes. Employing an arsenal of weapons, vehicles and deployable armaments, players engage in an action-packed test of skill and coordinated teamwork through a series of combat objectives. Persistent character growth and achievements reward players for teamwork, while clearly defined mission and class objectives guide new players to meaningful contributions on the battlefield.
In development at Splash Damage, co-creators of the award winning Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, and in conjunction with id Software, Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars employs id Software’s new MegaTexture graphics technology, delivering large outdoor battlefields of unrivaled detail. These life-like recreations of real-world environments are designed specifically for objective-based team combat and include realistic terrain, lighting, special effects and atmospheric conditions.
In this epic multiplayer-focused game, players can choose to defend humanity as a part of the Global Defense Force (GDF) or destroy it as a merciless Strogg alien invader. Under the executive production of id Software, Nerve Software is developing Enemy Territory: Quake Wars for the Xbox 360, while Z-Axis is the developer for the PS3.
Nerve Software and Z-Axis console versions will also feature strategic team play, persistent character promotions and online stats tracking. Players choose to battle as one of five unique classes in either the conventionally armed GDF army or the futuristic Strogg invasion force, each outfitted with specialist weapons and combat hardware. In this adrenaline pumping fight for survival, warring forces utilize a variety of different vehicles, deployable structures, and defense systems including quad-bikes, tanks, and alien walkers for epic ground assaults; or helicopters and anti-gravity ships to unleash airborne attacks. Throughout each battle, teams establish bases, deploy defense structures, artillery, radar, and advanced forward-command systems into enemy territory while constructing and demolishing obstacles to speed progress and gain a tactical advantage over the opponent. Enemy Territory: Quake Wars features 16-player battles on the console systems, delivering the ultimate team-and objective-based multiplayer experience.
- Gameplay in Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars is all about conquering and securing enemy territory, and pushing forward or holding your team’s front line. Players must work together using their vehicles, deployables, and character class abilities to complete objectives, defend valuable installations, or execute massive assaults. The gameplay is designed to allow players of every skill level to jump into a match and make a sizeable contribution to the overall mission. Every player’s choice of character class, along with their actions play a critical role throughout as they gain rank, upgrade skills and provide specialist abilities necessary for victory.
- With “asymmetric gameplay,” the characters of both the GDF and the Strogg look, move, and behave uniquely. Bases, characters, vehicles and weapons demonstrate the different technologies and behavior of each side and require distinctive approaches to combat from each player. For example, a GDF Medic can heal and quickly revive injured or fallen soldiers on the field, while the Strogg Technician may use a GDF corpse as a “host” body for a waiting Strogg reinforcement. Similarly, the GDF Field Ops will deploy and call-in a laser-guided strategic strike missile, while the Strogg Opressor peppers a GDF convoy with his Plasma Mortar. Players can choose one of five character classes unique to each force, including the GDF’s Soldier, Field Ops, Engineer, Covert Ops and Medic, or the Strogg’s Aggressor, Opressor, Constructor, Infiltrator, and Technician.
- The weapons, vehicles and deployables in Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars are much more than standard issue equipment. Each selection truly affects gameplay and is integral to a team’s success or failure. Set in the relative near future, the Human arsenal is based on ultramodern updates to today’s conventional Earth arsenal, while the Strogg utilize a more advanced technology suitable for conquering vastly different alien worlds. The GDF use weapons, and vehicles such as machine guns, rocket launchers, armored personnel carriers, and hover-copters, among others. Conversely, the Strogg’s technology is built on the manipulation of energy and gravity and includes assets like the Hyper Blaster, Lightening Gun, a giant mech-walker, a hover tank, vertical take-off and landing Hornet, and more. Players will also utilize unique strategic assets like radar, auto targeting anti-personnel or vehicle turrets, artillery or strategic strike missiles – all of which are realistically deployed onto the battlefield when and where you choose.
- Using id Software’s new MegaTexture rendering technology, Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars renders large, highly detailed and un-tiled outdoor environments all the way to the horizon. Outdoor dynamic lighting allows for every battle to be fought during day or night, with accurate simulation of shadows, atmosphere, vegetation, and weather. Advanced real-time physics, and all new network code support large-scale military combat for up to 24 players through real-world locations, including deserts, glaciers, mountains, and countryside.
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars has not yet been rated by the ESRB.
More articles about Enemy Territory: Quake Wars