John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “As two titles that are held in very high regard worldwide, we’re delighted to be bringing the Valkyrie Profile series to Europe and hope for both games to enchant an entirely new audience.”
About Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Players assume a pivotal role in determining the outcome of the largest battle in Norse Mythology. On the eve of Ragnarok, a battle between the warring factions of Aesir and Vanir, Lenneth is dispatched to the land of mortals in pursuit of worthy allies. Her mission is a crucial one that could possibly sway the tides of war in her faction's favor.
Approaching brave souls at the time of their death, Lenneth must convince these combatants to join her in the ultimate battle against evil. With time working against her, Lenneth must seek out, train and command an army of fallen soldiers in preparation for the final battle against Surt, the leader of the Vanir, while the mystery of Lenneth's identity unfolds.
- Special enhancements take advantage of the PSP system's capabilities — true 16:9 support and new CG sequences give players a deeper understanding of the plot and complement the game's dramatic storyline. Some of these new scenes contain links to the story of Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria.
- Classic RPG in the palm of the hand — experience the adventure in the living room, on the road or outdoors
- A heart-wrenching tale of honor, courage and purpose in the afterlife — follow the fallen heroes as they pursue honor in the next life
- Time-based story progression breeds a non-linear experience where actions determine the outcome of Ragnarok — recruit well and Valhalla is saved, recruit poorly and destruction looms
- Encounter 24 unique characters with deep levels of customization
- Multiple endings that are revealed based on crucial world-altering decisions
About Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
Hundreds of years before Lenneth's tale, another saga lies concealed by the gods. The valkyrie Silmeria once served Odin loyally, but after an incident ignited a conflict between them, Odin forcefully reincarnated her as a human. The human soul that would carry her spirit was that of Alicia, Princess of Dipan. Ordinarily, Silmeria's consciousness would have been sealed, her spirit dormant until she was next summoned.
However, the forced transmigration causes Silmeria's spirit to awaken within Alicia, leaving two souls to inhabit a single body. The spirit that should have been sealed has awakened — a situation Odin will not ignore for long.
- Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria introduces the new Photon Action System offering players more freedom to explore with challenging puzzles and clever solutions. The unique battle system of the previous game has evolved into the Advanced Tactical Combination Battle System. Feel the exhilaration of accelerated battles raging across 3D environments for more spectacular, strategic combat than ever before!
- Puzzle-solving using the Photon Action System, an enhanced evolution of the popular crystal system – freeze enemies and swap positions to reach new heights
- Simultaneous multi-character combat places the controls of four separate characters at your fingertips – perform advanced combos and tandem maneuvers with dazzling results
- Classic Valkyrie Profile gameplay updated with a state-of-the-art 3D rendering system that produces amazingly crafted environments that revitalize the franchise's 2D roots
- A gripping tale of abandonment, loneliness and revenge crafted by the masterful storytellers at tri-Ace Inc.
- Lush environments are enhanced by an advanced physics and lighting system, enabling a new level of brilliant and lifelike surroundings