Bust-A-Move offers simple puzzle gameplay that’s easy to pick up and play but that also has enough strategy and depth to reward master players. Players must use the cannon at the bottom of the playing screen to fire coloured bubbles into similarly coloured bubbles at the top of the field. These bubbles advance down towards the player at regular intervals and if they reach the bottom it’s ‘game over’! Merging three or more of the same colour bubble makes them disappear and clever strategies can be put to use to create chain reactions, which clear multiple bubbles at once.
Bust-A-Move is crammed with the puzzle series’ staple ingredients to please die-hard BAM pros while at the same time offering a whole raft of new additions to thrill BAM newbies. Classic features include the return of a wacky cast of characters headed up by brothers Bub and Bob and original gameplay modes including Puzzle, Endless and Versus modes. Exciting new features include the option to play in eight-player versus matches – a first for the Bust-A-Move series! Other new features include ‘Shooting’ mode, where bubbles come at you from all sides of the playing field, and the generous ‘Slip’ option, which automatically corrects your aim if you’re slightly off.
The full rundown of game modes is as follows:
- Puzzle mode: play through 500 different stages, each with its own distinct features, obstacles and tricks to thwart you!
- Endless mode: a head-bursting endless torrent of bubbles to test your skill and endurance
- Versus mode: up to eight players can face off against each other simultaneously for the very first time
- Shooting mode: all-new for Wii, bubbles come at the player from all angles and the player uses the Wii remote and nunchuk together to fight the onslaught
- Hyper mode: gameplay is speeded up for the most intense BAM challenge ever
“Bust-A-Move is a perennial favourite and we’re thrilled to be able to bring the series bang up to date on a next-gen console for the first time ever,” commented Ian Howe, Managing Director of 505 Games. “The game’s new modes, eight-player versus and innovative Wii controls mean that now a whole new audience can experience the classic addictive ball-bashing madness of Bust-A-Move!”
More articles about Bust-A-Move Bash!