Widely considered the most authentic baseball videogame franchise available, MLB 07 The Show looks to build upon its critical acclaim by unveiling new franchise features and platform specific advancements. Across all platforms, the all-new Road to The Show mode introduces an innovative option that allows players to create their own player and play on offense and defense. To create a more realistic experience from the mound, the new Pitching Command System (PCS) delivers authenticity and strategy to pitch selection by offering players a predetermined pitch comfort level based on a best to worst pitch scenario, while Adaptive Pitching Intelligence (API) allows users to either shake off the catcher, or trust the calls he makes, which are based on batter tendencies and the pitcher's strengths. MLB 07 The Show also introduces new Umpire Personalities, keeping players on their toes as each ump will have his own unique animation and definition of the strike zone. It will be up to the player to determine each umpires tendencies, providing a more authentic experience from the diamond and requiring strategic thinking from the player.
Adding to its already robust online feature set, the MLB franchise will now include Online League Play, which gives gamers the ability to set up leagues with up to 30 teams, complete statistical tracking, point benefits and full customization, while the My Sliders feature allows users to create their perfect game settings and upload them to the MLB 07 The Show server for others to try out. Also, MLB.com Headline News now features a Live MLB Ticker that will show the live status of all MLB games going on around the league.
Returning key features for the MLB franchise include the popular Career and Season Modes, Career Spotlight and Exhibition Mode. In addition, MLB 07 The Show provides fans with the features they expect in an unrivaled simulation, such as advanced batting controls, interactive hot and cold zones, player-scaled strike zones and release point pitching.
Along with all the key franchise features, returning gameplay favorites for PlayStation 2 include Rivalry Mode, which allows fans to set-up, track and maintain heated rivalries, King of the Diamond Mode, the classic playground duel where a pitcher and batter from opposing teams will square off head-to- head, the Home Run Derby and EyeToy functionality. For on-the-go baseball fans, MLB 07 The Show on PSP continues to be a fan favorite with its core features, ability to play anytime, anywhere, and multiplayer gameplay, either locally via Ad Hoc Mode or across the nation via Infrastructure Mode.
New Features :
- Along with Classic Career Mode, MLB 07 The Show introduces an innovative new option. Road to The Show enables gamers to play offense and defense from the created player’s perspective for they plays in which they are involved. The game will automatically fast forward to the next user-integrated sequence with some events occasionally triggering situational goals form coaches or managers.
- Catchers will call the game based on individual strengths and weaknesses of each pitcher and analyze tendencies of batters. Gamers will have the ability to trust the pitches called by the catcher or shake them off. (The catcher’s recommendations are based off of thousands of actual MLB stats.)
- Delivering unsurpassed authenticity and strategy to pitch selection, a pitcher’s “pitch comfort” will be predetermined based on a best to worst pitch scenario. It’s up the gamer to decide if they should try to “work on a pitch” or just go with what’s working. The more a player works on a pitch, the better it becomes, and the more a gamer neglects a pitch, the harder it becomes to work the zone.
- MLB 07 The Show provides today’s sports fanatics with the ability to set up leagues with anywhere from 6-30 teams with full stat tracking, point benefits and rewards. Gamers can customize the league including choosing players, teams, length of schedule and much more. (Note: There are no cross platform leagues available.)
- Providing even more realism to the diamond, MLB 07 The Show features umpires with unique tendencies and animations. Each umpire will have his own definition of the strike zone, and it’s up to the gamer to figure out if the umpire is calling the zone high, low, or giving the corners.
- The My Sliders option gives users the ability to create their perfect game settings offline by adjusting game sliders. Gamers can then save these adjustments to memory and, when online, upload them for other users to try and let the online community be the judge on finding the perfect game for offline users.