The Elder Scrolls Construction Set allows you to edit and create content for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is required to create and play content created with The Elder Scrolls Construction Set. However, the Construction Set will install and work without the game.
It is strongly recommended that you have at least 2 GB of RAM to use the Heightmap Editing, and at least 1 GB of RAM for any world and level building.
Limited user accounts will not be able to use The Construction Set. You must have administrative rights.
The Construction Set will occasionally appear to hang or lock up while attempting to exit. Wait 5 minutes. If it still hasn't closed, press CTRL-ALT-DEL and manually END TASK on the application.
Visit http://cs.bethsoft.com for documentation, tutorials, plugins to download and more.
Update 1.2 Notes
- New Features
- Spell checking functionality
- Bug Fixes
- The Construction Set now increments the version on plugins so that old Oblivion executables will not load a plugin saved with the new Construction Set. The Oblivion executable must be 1.2 or higher to match the new Construction Set executable. Simply install the latest Oblivion patch to get the latest executable.
- Under File, there is an new option to Combine Loaded Plugins. When this is selected, the user is asked for a filename. Once a valid file is selected, all loaded data that came from a plugin is resaved as a part of the new file. In order to do this, any new objects are given new IDs on entry into the new file. This means that if you have plugin A.esp and B.esp and C.esp loaded and save your game, and then merge those plugins into ABC.esp, you may have problems trying to load your save with ABC.esp.
- Fixed a crash with DeleteAllCells option in the Heightmap Editor.
- Fixed bug in Region Editor preventing cutting and pasting in object list.
- Export functionality: Adding bExportPluginOnly=1 to General section in constructionset.ini lets you export only the data that is saved in the loaded plugin.
- Fixed a bug where references generated by the Region Editor were incorrectly flagged as being owned by the user and not the region.
-Minimum System Requirements:
* Windows XP
* 512MB System RAM
* 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 8x DVD-ROM Drive
* 4.6 GB free hard disk space
* DirectX 9.0c (included)
* 128MB Direct3D Compatible Video card and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver
* DirectX 8.1 Compatible Sound Card
* Keyboard, Mouse
-Recommended System Requirements:
* 3.0 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 1 GB System RAM (2 GB of System RAM to use Heightmap Editing)
* ATI X800 series, Nvidia GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card
-Supported Video Card Chipsets:
ATI X1900 series
ATI X1800 series
ATI X1600 series
ATI X1300 series
ATI X850 series
ATI x800 series
ATI x700 series
ATI x600 series
ATI Radeon 9800 series
ATI Radeon 9700 series
ATI Radeon 9600 series
ATI Radeon 9500 series
NVIDIA Geforce 7800 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series
NVIDIA GeForce FX series
-Regardless of your video card, make sure to download the latest drivers from your manufacturer.
More articles about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion